RES currently has an IT Delivery Director position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Job Purpose/Summary Details
The IT function in RES is transforming to become more business aligned globally and taking a pro-active approach in supporting the business objectives. The key focus areas of the transformation are as follows:
- Cost Optimization
- Standardization, simplification, Strategy and Governance
- IT Capability Transformation
- Strategic Change Portfolio
- Continue to deliver day to day support
- Cyber Security and Risk Management
The role of the IT Delivery Director is to act as the IT delivery focal point for the region, working as a member of both the Americas Business Leadership and Global IT Leadership teams respectively.
This position is the senior information technology executive within the Americas region, and has responsibility for the following: -
- Championing the effective use of IT within the Americas market
- Partnering with the business to develop a deep-rooted understanding of the business plan and to develop robust business cases with stakeholders which includes the use of technology to support a business outcome
- Developing IT aligned delivery plans and delivery of global systems for the region and delivery of a portfolio of change working in partnership with other members of the Americas Business leadership and global IT Leadership teams.
- Support the business on its Transformation journey by ensuring delivery of technology can be delivered through agile/structured delivery and provide guidance and support of the business change aspects of transformation and appropriate governance and controls
- Develop requirements and technology needs for the Americas business working closely with the Enterprise Architect and Business Systems Director in order to develop appropriate technology roadmaps
- Lead IT transformation in the Americas as directed by the Group CIO
Joint accountability with other members of the IT Leadership team, and specifically within the Americas region, for;
- Making a proactive and valued contribution to RES business leadership and realization of the RES business strategy and objectives/ outcomes.
- Making an active contribution to champion, and as agreed with the Group CIO, own components of the RES IT Transformation Program and agreed IT Strategy/ Plan.
- Achievement of agreed Global IT targets and measures of success with particular focus on those related to the achievement of key strategic transformation and delivery of global change projects.
The post-holder will be required to travel regularly to all RES sites to establish and maintain excellent customer relations.
Organizational Context (to include impact and influence)
The IT Delivery Director will provide a significant input into the RES Americas IT Steering Committee, including presentation of business cases and recommendations aligned with the agreed RES IT Strategy/ Plans and RES IT Transformation Program. In partnership with other members of the IT leadership team this role will take ownership of IT delivery in the Americas and lead implementation of key decisions emerging from the RES IT Steering Board spanning all geographies.
CHANGE & TRANSFORMATION – LEAD IN THE AMERICAS MARKET
- Lead or co-lead definition of requirements for solutions provided locally and increasingly via a global approach to solution and service delivery.
- In partnership with the Business System Director, put in place mechanisms to manage continuity of Business Service Levels and user experience through change and oversee migration of local to global solutions and service delivery model.
- Act as the senior IT focal point and facilitator in the Americas for Business Process Improvement, Business Change Management and Benefits Realization as they relate to IT
- Quality Assurance through the lifecycle of critical projects and solutions through stage gates, especially important at the point of acceptance in readiness for wider deployment/ benefits realization.
Regional IT Management
- Local Line management of key IT leads in the Americas (day to day management will occur via global leads) and direct reports
- Accountable for the integrity of key human resource processes including career development, salary reviews, succession planning and performance management.
- Ensures compliance with RES HR processes, policies and International regulations.
- Directs IT risk evaluation and compliance management processes on behalf of the region.
- Oversees the formulation and alignment to IT policies, procedures, and performance management processes and measures.
- Management of local IT Projects Budget in support of regional business and global IT targets.
- Chairing the regional IT governance forum with effective communication and escalation to/from the Global IT Steering Board.
- Provide expert advice (directly or via the global team) to Americas Executive Leadership Team on all IT matters and implications for major change programs.
STRATEGY & PLANNING – KEY CONTRIBUTER, CHAMPION IN AMERICAS MARKET
- Senior focal point for IT proactive contribution to Business Strategy & Planning led from the Americas and in partnership with other members of the IT Leadership Team (ITLT) proactively contribute to Business Strategy & Planning in support of RES business objectives and imperatives.
- Contribute to the IT Strategy and provide a focal point and co-own Americas into and components of the global IT Strategy and plan.
Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of IT governance processes covering financial management, project management, compliance and IT risk management.
- Strong service orientation with a track record of creating a service culture within an organization
- Experienced with formal project management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven experience of managing and partnering with 3rd party suppliers.
- Use basic, intermediate, advanced or possibly strong
- Proven ability to engage, build strong relationships, influence and partner with stakeholders across functions and geographies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Credible and capable; able to quickly build the confidence of the executive team and be seen as a natural peer to other senior colleagues.
- Possessing considerable commercial skills.
- Strong people leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills - A capable negotiator, both internally and with third parties.
- An ability to shape direction and translate strategy into action.
- Passionate about technology and how it can improve the customer experience.
- A dynamic individual, with strong, proven delivery skills. Unafraid of taking decisions and happy to take accountability.
- An individual of integrity who will respect and demonstrate RES values. Sensitive and intuitive, whilst displaying gravitas and credibility.
- A highly capable, all round IT leader, preferably in the B2B sector, with experience of change and transformation.
- Solid IT foundation spanning 10+ years, with a broad awareness of IT, spanning IT Strategy & Architecture, Build and Run/ Service Delivery
- Accustomed to dealing with senior executives, at ease with the Board, and exceptionally customer focused.
- Americas market experience.
- Experience of multiple ERP delivery projects and global projects.
- Managing international teams.
- Experience of delivering the technology elements business transformation programs; able to bring rigor, discipline and governance along with clear program management methodologies in a complex organization.
- Cross-functional exposure (and an ability to relate IT to business problems and opportunities)
- Line Management (>30)
- Budget Accountability ( > $5M)
- Highly Desirable
- Experienced gained in the Construction or a project based business
- Experience leading (via matrix) geographically distributed teams.
- Excellent track record of bringing innovative ideas that deliver a competitive edge in terms of process and efficiency.
- Enabled transition towards digital technology and approach
- Degree level or equivalent
- Accreditation in leading practices such as ITIL, Prince 2
Scope of Responsibility
- Budget > $2M-4M
- Number of FTE’s Direct = 3-5, Dotted Line = 2
- Geographical coverage: Americas for scope of direct responsibilities and Global (as part of Global IT Leadership Team)
Key Role Challenges
- Build credibility of IT in the Americas (on behalf of the IT function globally) and in line with the Group CIO’s vision
- Increasing change management maturity through partnering with the business to adopt a more structured approach to change planning, execution governance and benefits realisation
- Shifting the local IT culture to a more proactive business dialogue
- RES IT Transformation
In partnership with the Global IT Leadership team, lead the successful transition of ‘Americas IT’ to the Global IT Operating Model
- Finance Transformation
In partnership with the business to successfully transform the Finance function
- Operational efficiency
Develop and implement a roadmap of system consolidation meeting business needs for simplicity of operation and in line with Global IT operating model
- Actionable insight from information
Definition and delivery of reporting and analytics capabilities leveraging Group wide initiatives to also meet local needs
Goals are subject to change and Under Change Control
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.