RES currently has an HR Intern position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
The RES HR Intern will provide support to the team while gaining an understanding of a variety of areas within the RES Human Resources department. The HR Intern will be involved in a range of functions throughout Human Resources, including but not limited to the following:
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
Training and Development
- Support employee training coordination and logistics
- Learn basics and support use of the Learning Management System across RES offices and departments, including training, career development, and performance modules
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Assist with posting jobs through the Applicant Tracking System, job boards, local newspapers, etc.
- Help with college recruiting, outreach, and potentially planning, coordination and attendance at career fairs and other related events
- Prepare interview guides & packets for hiring managers
- Assist in scheduling interviews when necessary, troubleshoot problems that may arise during interview days, and collect manager feedback on interviews
- Coordinate with IT to ensure program access, laptops, and e-mail address are set-up for new hire start dates
- Arrange travel & accommodations for applicants and new hires
- Attend sessions and become familiar with RES new hire onboarding process, including scheduling and facilitation
- Help in auditing benefit plans on monthly basis
- Assist employees with benefit enrollments during busy periods
- Process benefit invoices
Data and Records
- Maintain current HR files and databases
- Update and maintain electronic and hard copy records related to employee benefits, new hire paperwork, employment status, promotions, supervisor and title changes, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, I-9 forms, etc.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized, dependable, flexible and able to quickly shift from task to task while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience with an Applicant Tracking System and/or Learning Management System desirable
- Must be adept at problem-solving, able to identify issues and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Able to effectively read and interpret information and skillfully gather and analyze information
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality under all circumstances
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Able to follow instructions and respond efficiently to management direction
- Must be currently enrolled in a Business, Human Resources, or related undergraduate or graduate degree program
- Interest in working with a fast-paced renewable energy company and desire to learn and understand all aspects of the Human Resources department
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. May occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
RES maintains a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.