RES currently has a HR Generalist position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: The HR Generalist works with the HR Director and assigned business unit leaders to ensure human resource efforts and outcomes are fully aligned with business needs, supports the strategic plan and company mission, vision and core values, under the guidance of the HR Director. This role focuses on working with the business to promote a culture of positive employee relations and employee engagement. The HR Generalist will be assigned specific roles within the scope of HR support and areas of responsibility, but is expected to be knowledgeable about and able to assist all other HR team members in the completion of their duties and in supporting the needs of the individuals and departments
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Build trusting relationships throughout the company by spending time in the field and getting to know the critical challenges to growing the business first hand
- Provide excellent service to all employees, maintaining a positive attitude, timely follow through, and focusing on results.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective thorough and objective investigations.
- Coach, counsel and train all managers and employees in company policies/procedures, organizational development training programs, career development, employee relations, and all other training programs
- Consults with line management, providing HR expertise including change management.
- Optimize and execute work process in a broad range of areas in human resources, including payroll and benefits, supporting learning and development efforts, compensation, investigations and recruiting.
- Ensure standards for all HR related processes are executed to maximize efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all government and company HR policies and procedures.
- Onboard employees into various systems
- Conduct employee onboarding
- Demonstrate ethics and integrity through self-accountability, compliance in all areas of Human Resource functionality, and sound policy application.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk and ensuring regulatory compliance and coaches managers in the application of this knowledge
- Ability to bridge cross functional boundaries within an organization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Even keeled, willing attitude
- Customer service orientation
- Solution oriented mentality
- Pro- active self-starter able to work independently
- Ability to deal with unique demands of a construction environment
- Flexible and Collaborative
- Team Player
- Advanced experience in Microsoft office suite
- Conflict resolution
- Ability to support employee development
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Ability/comfortable to publicly present information
- Ability to train staff
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in HR (PHR or other HR Certifications are preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience providing HR support in construction, engineering or high volume non-exempt environment
- Experience with: recruiting, training, employee relations & investigations, HR reporting
- Experience working with Paylocity or HRIS Systems
- Benefits experience is a plus
- Ability to travel to construction sites and other offices 35+% of the time.
- Knowledge of California labor law beneficial, not required
- Knowledge of Canadian labor law beneficial, not required
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.