RES is currently hiring T&D Site Safety Supervisors for our projects across the US.
Under minimum supervision from the HSQE Director, provide project leadership and guidance regarding HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) leadership, mentoring and coaching to site personnel. This leadership and guidance encompasses but is not limited to field personnel, project managers and superintendents. In addition, the incumbent will inspect working conditions in office and field High Voltage construction settings to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations. Manage departmental documentation and PPE to maintain compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements. The High Voltage Site Safety Supervisor positions would be an on-site position. You must be willing to travel and remain onsite for extended periods.
- Ability to train and coach field associates to understand compliance requirements and regular compliance obligations for their location(s)
- HSE auditing experience
- Present, support and lead-by-example with a safety and quality orientated attitude.
- Support project management in finding safe solutions to work challenges
- Conduct Site Orientations – use of video, PowerPoint and other methods
- Interact and support Client’s safety management personnel
- Prepare applicable content and participate in weekly all-hands meetings
- Manage Substance Abuse Prevention Program (pre-employment and post incident)
- Ensure Project Compliance with RES System 3 LLC, Local, State and Federal Safety Policies, and manage project PPE supply inventory
- Lead inspections of climbing and rescue gear
- Support and monitor critical pick meetings and documentation for relevance and completeness
- Review and provide feedback on JHAs for content and completeness
- Conduct Field Inspections and complete written or electronic documentation
- Lead, coach and mentor incident management on project sites – Investigation, corrective actions, execution, reporting (with support of supers and foremen), tracking.
- Enter all accidents into VelocityEHS, the RES incident management system
- Implementation of site-wide permit and compliance obligations, SWPPP, SPCC, etc.
- Participate/lead Site Safety Committee where applicable.
- Prepare and document weekly all-hands meeting topics specific to current work.
- Responsible for all applicable site/project HSE related documentation.
- Direct line reporting to site Project Manager/Superintendent and dotted to HSQE Director
- Support the EHS budget process.
- Create an environment in which employees are looking to the HSE Department for assistance, guidance and solutions as opposed to viewing them as the “police”.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses or capable of obtaining recognized safety certifications/designations (ex. CUSP/Certified Utility Safety Professional or CSP/Certified Safety Professional) within 2 years
- Professional designations CUSP, CSP, CIH, CHMM, CHST, QEP orPE is a plus
- Proficient computer skills that encompass, but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook), Skype and internet search capabilities.
- Experience with industrial wastewater, air compliance and other related environmental laws and regulations a plus
- Experience with organizing and leading EHS audits
- Excellent oral and written communications, including speaking/presenting before large audiences
- 5-10 years proven experience implementing HSE programs in the Wind, Solar, and Electric Utility T&D substation industries. Preference will be given to a candidate with applicable (transmission, substation or distribution) High Voltage or Medium Voltage construction experience.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a BS in Environmental Engineering, Occupational Health and Safety or related degree, and an advanced degree is a plus.
- 5-years’ minimum supervisory experience.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and E-Verify. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.