RES currently has a General Superintendent – Drilling position open at our wind and solar projects across the USA.
The General Superintendent will be responsible for drilling and pier foundation installations on multiple transmission projects.
- Present, support and lead-by-example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Manage multiple drilling crews forecast and plan equipment, tooling, material and manpower needs for completion of multiple drilling projects.
- Plan the mobilization for upcoming projects.
- Procure equipment, tooling and material.
- Manage and track equipment and tooling.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repairs on drills in the field when necessary.
- Ensure drilling logs and equipment inspection reports are properly completed.
- Manage mobilization of equipment, tooling and crews from project to project.
- Manage and lead the craft labor force, ensuring that all responsibilities are being met. Monitor work performance and productivity of craft labor force to ensure project rules, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
- Develop work plans, means and methods, and schedule to maximize progress in a safe, timely manner.
- Ensure that necessary materials and equipment are on-site to support the schedule. Advise Project Manager of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing and resolving such problems.
- Accountable for care and use of company fleet, equipment and tools.
- Completes daily and weekly written reporting of work progress and work schedule forecasts.
- Oversees and mentors foremen on technical and managerial guidance.
- Assists Project Manager in ensuring high level of customer interaction and satisfaction with customer field points-of-contact.
- Understand the budget for specific project tasks and ensure that budget expectations are met.
- Resolve complaints and grievances within field work force in a timely and proactive manner.
- Attract and recruit qualified field personnel, including local labor.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
- Identifies and mitigates potential employee relations issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Experienced with leading a team.
- Be willing to travel and work away from home as required.
- Experience with steel casings and/or drilling mud in poor soil conditions
- Experience drilling in hard rock
- Experience in forming piers and placing concrete preferred but not required
- Mechanically inclined with the understanding of hydraulics.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple assignments, and prioritize is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Successful candidates will be self-starters that enjoy challenges and leading teams.
- 7-10 years proven experience as a Superintendent.
- Have a Valid driver’s license and clean motor vehicle record.
- Experience with soilmec and IMT track mounted drills.
- 30 hour OSHA
- CDL is preferred
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position involves Heavy Work: exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 lbs of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, feel, lift and grab; reach with hands and arms; push and pull; climb and balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; talk, see clearly and hear. The employee will also be regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.