RES currently has two Facility Operations Manager positions open. One position is based out of Austin/Manor,TX and the other position is based out of Lamesa, TX.
Responsibilities: Manage the day to day operation of the solar facility to achieve the planned business objective.
Manage activities and supervise employees at a utility scale solar facility. Provide professional guidance for maintenance and repair, as well as conduct relief site management for other RES operational sites.
- Manage safe and reliable operation and maintenance of the generation asset, in accordance with agreed contracts, operating plans and budgets.
- Manage staff and subcontractors in performing Operation & Maintenance on site.
- Oversee work on site by employees and contractors.
- Manage and maintain spare parts inventory
- Manage and monitor SCADA for the solar farm and substation, to ensure proper plant production.
- Ensure timely facility repairs and restarts after plant outages or equipment faults.
- Coordinate, communicate and comply with the off-taker and transmission provider regarding the grid, production, and outage issues.
- Troubleshoot and/or coordinate repair on AC and DC faults and failures, to include; inverters, trackers, ac and dc wiring, sensors, PV modules, PV arrays etc. which are commonly found in a utility scale solar project.
- Use and understand electrical testing and diagnostic equipment for both AC and DC
- Use facility materials and equipment properly.
- Be available on a 24/7 basis to occasionally respond to urgent operational issues.
- Manage and inspect transmission lines performance, safety, and quality as required.
- Complete or assist with NERC compliance reports with Owner and RES Support Service as required.
- Maintain the facility according to NERC Standards.
- Manage Monthly, Annual and any and all periodic facility reporting to RES, client, landowner, offtaker, community, authorities and other stakeholders as required.
- Manage operational and HSQE procedures.
- Write JSA, procedures and work instructions as needed.
- Manages tracking of failures, alarms, downtime, maintenance and repairs, plant status and trends, and HSQE issues.
- As required, use and direct others to use a CMMS system for maintenance tracking, SCADA and other software control and diagnostic systems.
- Maintain database of faults and maintenance/performance issues.
- Alert the Director/Asset Manager and RES Engineers of emerging faults and issues, required maintenance, or retrofits.
- Identify and appraise plant improvement opportunities.
- Manage and lead site safety and environmental concerns. Audit and review RA, WI, JSA, track facility employee hours, complete site inspections and keep site safety log.
- Report regularly as required, current safety, production and environmental issues to head office.
- Follow safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions immediately to head office.
- Lead and attend regular weekly site safety meetings.
- Advise the V.P., Director, Area Site Manager and Asset Manager of short to medium term forecasted costs and required maintenance with changes in expected budgets.
- Review invoices and costs charged to the asset are correct
- Work with AP to ensure prompt and correct payments are made.
- Work with Accounting representative to ensure invoices and time are coded correctly.
- Gather timesheet information and submit to payroll if required.
- Establish quality relationships with client, landowner, community, local authority and other stakeholders.
- Provide relief site management or operational support to other sites as requested.
- Perform any other tasks as directed by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Excel and Office skills
- Ability to use and troubleshoot basic office equipment (printer, scanner, fax ect.)
- Understanding of network equipment, troubleshooting a plus
- Advanced Spreadsheet and record keeping skills
- Skilled in Public relations and Leadership
- Basic understanding of accounting concepts
- Intermediate problem-solving skills
- Basic electrical (low voltage) and switching (high voltage) knowledge and experience
- Basic mechanical skills preferred
- First Aid and CPR a plus
- Ability to lift fifty pounds
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree in operations or related field or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- 3-5 years site operational experience
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Certifications in OSHA, crane safety or HV are desirable.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Performs site inspections and supervision, driving, long periods of standing, walking long distance on local terrain will be required.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.