RES currently has positions open for an Executive Assistant to VP of Operations at our Broomfield, CO location.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
Performs advanced executive level, highly confidential administrative and personal support and related services for the VP of Operations
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action conducting all aspects of work in a safe manner. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Acts as a personal assistant by handling personal business for the VP OF OPERATIONS.
- Handles details, access to information and conversations of a highly sensitive nature in strict confidence.
- Manages Outlook calendar requiring a high degree of balancing external/internal meetings and must be able to adjust and reschedule meetings on short notice to accommodate the needs of the VP OF OPERATIONS.
- Coordinates and arranges travel itineraries and arrangements for the VP OF OPERATIONS including, but not limited to, air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, and other travel needs. Must be able to plan complex itineraries and expedite last minute changes, sometimes after normal business hours. Travel includes frequent international trips.
- Schedules and coordinates meeting space and logistics for a variety of meetings to include but not limited to: executive meetings, board meetings, external visitors and candidate visits/interviews.
- Drafts/prepares memorandums, correspondence, agenda materials and other documents of a highly confidential nature.
- Proof reads and checks documents for accuracy, completeness and compliance with Company standards.
- Maintains and organizes files.
- Acts as key liaison between executive and clients, company leadership, staff and the general public.
- Manage Agresso/Business world items such as invoices, requisitions, timesheets, expense reports, and any escalations which need re-routing
- Proactively responds to a wide variety of requests with expeditious action and with a positive, consultative approach.
- Provide coverage for other Executive Assistants.
- Prepares and sends shipments of documentation via FedEx, USPS, UPS, etc.
- Orders supplies.
- Some after hours availability via email or mobile phone may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in
- Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Reading, analyzing and interpreting general business information
- Writing reports and business correspondence
- Proof reading and editing
- Calendar management
- Comfortable operating with great latitude for independent judgment and initiative within agreed limits.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Capacity to handle tight deadlines and last-minute changes, adapt quickly, anticipate needs, and problem-solve independently.
- Presents a professional image to represents the VP OF OPERATIONS in like manner.
- Requires broad knowledge of corporate operations and policies.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related discipline from a four-year college or university, or 8 years equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with supporting executive level staff preferably within a large organization.
- Notary Public helpful but not required.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.