RES is currently seeking EPC Substation Project Managers for our Broomfield, CO and Carmichael, CA offices.
Project Managers will take ownership of the entire project performance including safety, quality, schedule, budget, and client satisfaction. This person will be responsible for contract administration, project planning, and labor and equipment resource management. Project Managers will oversee the construction project from start to finish, and often be responsible for multiple projects at once.
· Present, support and lead-by-example with a safety and quality orientated attitude.
· Manage and lead the project team, ensuring that all responsibilities are being met. Coach and develop project team members.
· Maintain a positive relationship with the Client as the primary point of contact ensuring that the company fulfilling its obligations under the contract and providing the best value to the Client.
· Determine the scheduling of different phases of a project based on established deadlines. Ensure that all procurement, submittals, and work plans are in place in order to facilitate work as scheduled.
· Plan and coordinate all aspects of the construction process, including hiring subcontractors and working with engineers and vendors. Negotiate contracts with engineers, vendors and subcontractors.
· Recognize, identify, and manage Change.
· Confer with supervisors or other managers to monitor construction progress, including worker productivity and compliance with safety regulations
· Must resolve problems that arise due to inclement weather, emergencies or other issues that may cause delays.
· Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
· This person will have at least 5 years of experience in a construction project management role.
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in executing Engineer Procure Construct Transmission Line projects is required. Preference will be given to candidates with experience executing both Transmission and Substation work for self-performing contractors.
· Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple assignments, and prioritize is required.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Successful candidates will be self-starters that enjoy challenges and leading teams.
· Travel is required.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.