RES currently has an Engineer – Energy Storage position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: Systems engineering generalist to support analysis and design of utility scale energy storage projects.
- Design of energy storage systems including engineering analysis, component specification, parametric studies, review and creation of drawings, finding and auditing suppliers, review of supplier design proposals and finalizing design packages in support of internal and customer facing projects.
- Capacity and willingness to learn and understand equipment/technologies over a broad range of disciplines including batteries, HVAC systems, electrical infrastructure, balance of systems and non-battery energy storage technologies.
- Interface with systems engineers, electrical engineers, civil engineers, SCADA engineers and CAD designers to collaborate and execute product designs
- Provide input and facilitate techno-economic analysis of system designs for market studies
- Conduct failure and risk analyses (FMEA/FMECA) of designed systems
- Review industry standards and regulations to inform system design and maintain an updated understanding of current and future codes
- Generate system design drawings including single line diagrams, facility layouts, equipment arrangements, etc.
- Generate design quantities to support estimating
- Ability to work independently and maintain a schedule for key deliverables.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and designs.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Utility Energy Storage Systems
- Electrical system design
- Battery design/usage
- Generalist knowledge in:
- Battery chemistry types
- MEP design
- Autocad (or similar CAD software)
- Design for Constructability
- Grounding System Design
- Applications Engineering
- Oral and written skills to include:
- Technical writing
- Design presentation
- Ability to communicate issues to peers
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience
- Degree in Mechanical, Systems or Electrical engineering
- EIT Certification
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.