RES currently has an Employee Relations Director position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: The Employee Relations Director oversees the company's employee relations programs, policies, and procedures. Designs and develops programs to promote employee satisfaction. Helps counsel employees on issues related to EEO, ADA, performance, and termination guidelines. Maintains good communication and a positive relationship with employees. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations/construction and requiring coordination with other departments. Manages team to deliver HR services. Reports to Americas EVP Human Resources.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Lead, leverage, and improve HR processes and drive key HR initiatives, including staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, rewards & recognition, immigration, organizational effectiveness and employee communication
- Provide interpretation of HR policies, practices and procedures to employees and managers
- Work with managers to build a career path for employees, identifying opportunities for training, new skill acquisition, and advancement
- Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a positive work environment, which encourages the full use of diverse talents and abilities; act as an employee advocate; help drive various corporate and division business initiatives
- Provide daily HR support to business partners
- Provide coaching to employees, managers, and leaders offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner
- Manage performance in partnership with Business leaders, Legal and employee Relations
- Works closely with Canadian office
- Work to implement training strategies to meet employee needs, including supervisory training, and skill development. Works with learning and development team to design and deliver appropriate organizational interventions.
- Create and execute a comprehensive employee relations strategy
- Partner and collaborate with various business leaders on growth strategies and cost challenges; provide HR guidance and input on decisions and execute in order to enable these strategies
- Manage immigration activity for short and long-term assignments as well as international travel
- Develop retention strategies and monitor attrition for assigned groups
- Allocate budget, costs to date, forecasts costs.
- Responsible for annual EEO-1 reporting
- Prepare management reports
- Help to drive change within the organization, to include adoption of new technologies, workflows, staffing models, and organization structures
- Identify, select, develop and retain world-class talent and ensure a dynamic pipeline
- Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process improvements
- Help to drive the management and delivering of key HR initiatives
- Assist in identifying and strategically analyzing organizational development opportunities to ensure departments are set up to operate efficiently and effectively
- Continually monitor and stay abreast of company policies and procedures, and manage overall HR communication plan
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's Degree with SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification preferred
- 8-10 years of progressive HR Generalist or related experience, plus 3 to 5 years management experience and large-scale construction experience
- Knowledge of California labor law
- Knowledge of Canadian labor law
- Union knowledge a plus
- Construction, engineering or high volume non-exempt environment
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills
- Proven HR business partner skills including consultation with leadership; performance management; succession planning; workforce planning; talent acquisition; compensation planning; learning & development; employee relations, compliance and is comfortable presenting to large groups
- Strong analytical skills to leverage data and a fact-base in delivering HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues
- Proven strategic HR coaching skills with a demonstrated track record of exceptional client service delivery in a matrixed organization
- Track record of achieving results that contribute to significantly to the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound business judgment with strong planning, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (PowerPoint, Excel and Word)
- Experience working with HR information systems
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Travel up to 15%
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.