RES currently has an Electrical Engineer I or II position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: Design collection systems and perform construction support for renewable energy projects across the US and Canada.
- Performs electrical engineering role on specific projects to include contract review, interdepartmental communication.
- Prepares equipment specifications and construction documents.
- Supports Estimating of internally developed projects and 3rd party projects by creating preliminary designs.
- Designs collection system for construction projects to include optimization via interaction with construction and design studies to specify a safe, well-engineered, cost-effective project.
- Prepares electrical specifications for procurement.
- Performs technical review of bids to ensure acceptability to company, client and industry standard.
- Completes preliminary designs and quantity counts for estimating electrical equipment costs of company developed and 3rd party developed projects.
- Prepares weekly project updates for electrical engineering design progress for project management.
- Provides inputs to team members working on other areas of the project to include grounding system design, substation design, transmission line design, foundation design.
- Works with designers to prepare construction drawings and documentation for effective communication to construction team.
- Reviews work instructions periodically to ensure compliance with industry and client standards.
- Visits sites as needed during pre-construction and construction to support project needs.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exposure to any one or more areas:
- Solar plant DC and AC system design
- Wind Farm MV collection design
- Design of Battery based energy storage systems
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Internally with other disciplines - Civil, CAD & Mechanical Engineers, Project Managers, Contract Team and Estimating Team
- Externally with Client and suppliers
- Oral and written skills to include:
- Technical writing
- Ability to communicate issues to peers
- Clear and concise writing
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- General Electrical Design
- Power Systems Analysis
- Equipment Specifications
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Substation Design
- Grounding System Design Concepts
- Project Scheduling Concepts
- Detailed Design Software:
- Fundamental knowledge of power system software such as Dig SILENT, SKM or ETAP
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent (or equivalent 8 years of experience)
- 2-5 years of experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.