RES currently has a Director of Origination position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: Key contributor to RES Origination team. Cultivate clients. Lead efforts to secure and negotiate offtake agreements. Manage team to ensure smooth workflow.
- Identify and negotiate power purchase, contract for difference, and other off-take contracts for utility-scale wind and solar deals.
- Ensure RES achieves its P&L targets with its development pipeline.
- Work with commercial/industrial and utility clients to understand their renewable power objectives and craft deals to meet these objectives.
- Develop innovative deal structures that address client needs.
- Maintain existing clients and cultivate new clients.
- Contribute to strategic decisions on project pricing and deal terms.
- Manage team to ensure smooth work flow for proposals, presentations, term sheets, and other work product that is part of origination.
- Work with RES partners and industry brokers.
- Keep up with market regulations and industry trends to spot new opportunities.
- Maintain an ongoing knowledge of the clean energy industry, including trends, legislation, competitor strategies, etc.
- Participate in Development and Origination team meetings/calls.
- Regular travel to meet with clients and fulfill other business objectives.
- Become a valued member of the energetic, collaborative, and fun RES Origination team.
- Follow all RES rules and procedures, including those pertaining to safety.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 6+ years’ experience in the energy sector, with some experience/knowledge of the renewable energy sector.
- Track record of negotiating off-take agreements.
- Demonstrated mastery and knowledge of US power markets.
- Experience managing teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial modeling of clean energy projects.
- Experience presenting to clients and senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Energy, Business, Economics, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 6 years work experience.
- Energy sector experience strongly preferred.
- Renewable energy experience preferred.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performs primarily sedentary office duties with regular travel to other Company offices or to visit clients. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Supervisory responsibility: Some, as designated by supervisor.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.