RES currently has a Director of Business Transformation position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: The Director of Business Transformation is responsible for ensuring optimal productivity by designing, implementing and monitoring business processes across the RES America’s business. This position will be focused on improving business processes while driving change to improve the efficiency and quality pf processes through elimination of non-value added or duplicate efforts, implementing enabling technologies and establishing continuous improvement measures and controls.
- Consult and advise leadership on process and performance improvement opportunities centered around the business core processes and activities;
- Support leadership by identifying target improvement areas that are aligned with the company’s strategic objectives;
- Develop, implement, modify, and assess progress on improvement plans and achievement programs;
- Recommend innovative business and technical solutions to improve operational efficiencies and effectiveness;
- Ascertain opportunities to execute common procedures and best practices from within the industry; circulates appropriate industry and trade benchmarking information;
- Oversee cost enhancement savings, tracks task development to plan, collaborates with project leads to ensure appropriate completion, and reports out position monthly. Validate that forecasted savings are achieved;
- Organize lean events, educate and train employees in lean ideology, problem-solving and team work policies;
- Builds effective working knowledge of all business processes and applications within the scope of their respective business areas;
- Ensures alignment of the team as well as the user community with the vision of "Best Practice" and standard processes, while assessing customer individual needs, meeting commitments and building internal and external relationships;
- Provides leadership and coaching to team members as well as external resources, by outlining process alignment for the organization;
- Develop, plan, and manage team work activities; develop project plans; complete projects on time;
- Provides strategic direction on new processes and technologies in support of the user community and manage the implementation of the long-term vision;
- Executes best practices for business analysis processes and functions including requirements elicitation methods;
- Leads work sessions using a variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, and business models with managers and subject matter experts;
- Focuses on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future environment;
- Ensure that systems, processes and methodologies as specified are followed to enable effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery;
- Develops and communicates policy changes;
- Establishment of measurements and targets to improve process effectiveness and efficiency;
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of the process.
- Assists auditing of the process for compliance with documented procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to establish organizational discipline around best practices that yields clear and obvious benefits without imposing undue bureaucracy upon managers and staff members.
- Demonstrated awareness of the business priorities, objectives and business drivers.
- Demonstrated awareness of the role of IT applications and system play in enabling the business objectives to be met.
- Creative and flexible in attitude and style to adapt to new situations in a rapidly changing, dynamic environment.
- The qualitative and quantitative analytical skills needed to build and implement insight-based improvements.
- The Director will display a communication style based around negotiation and information.
- High degree of analytical skills to be able to assess the impact of problems and known errors on different business systems and people. Demonstrated success in process improvement
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Experience leading people and building cohesive teams is a critical business need
- Must exhibit required behaviors, such as:
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress / fast paced work environment
- Value-based decision making and intuitive thinking skills are desired attributes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills required
- Exhibit strong ownership and follow through
- Strong determination in the face of challenges. Demonstrates high degree of drive and determination
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Bachelors degree required
- 10+ years of business process and/or systems implementation experience
Capabilities & Competencies
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.