RES currently has a Director, Equipment & Fleet position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: Office based operations management of self-performing aspects of utility scale wind, solar, battery storage or transmission projects.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures equipment yards have a specific Safety Program and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) are being used properly.
- Develop and document standard work procedures for service department, including the equipment yards and on site mechanics and fuelers.
- Ensures construction leadership understand standard operating procedures for use of equipment and fleet vehicles
- Ensures that all equipment and vehicles have proper safety devices when renting or purchasing equipment and vehicles. Works with vendors to look at ways to improve operator safety.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence and consistency in the management of Equipment Department, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain relationships with key vendors to negotiate best rates and terms.
- Manages the inventory of equipment and fleet to meet the needs of construction based on forecasted workload from construction
- Analyzes and summarizes departmental activities to evaluate efficiency and accuracy.
- Participates in weekly construction calls to address resource needs with Operations Managers and Construction Directors.
- Participates in Project kickoff meetings to properly align equipment and fleet needs with the Construction Manager
- Plan resources for maintenance and emergency services as required to support construction
- Reviews proposals and RFP's.
- Establishes and manages the budget of the Equipment Department P&L.
- Sets internal recharge rates for owned and rented equipment.
- Completes month forecasts for Equipment Department costs and revenues based on department operating costs, equipment utilization, and asset sales/acquisitions.
- Analyzes the rate of return of purchasing assets versus renting them in different regions and business lines.
- Negotiates rental rates, RPOs, and financing terms with key vendors to ensure RES receives the best value for equipment and fleet.
- Bulk fuel
- Small tools
- Develops department policies, procedures and controls to ensure efficient and effective operations
- Guides and coaches department team members to ensure responsibilities are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Communicates variances to executive management.
- Manages service employees’ assignments and movements
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance with RES polices and procedures.
- Provides a positive and engaging work environment by:
- aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- managing and supporting employee development and growth;
- providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Fleet management
- Service program management
- DOT regulations
- Equipment maintenance programs and software
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Scheduling activities logically
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Project Management
- Contract management
- Budget Analysis and Controls
- Vendor and materials management
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Report writing
- Writing skills
- Internally with executive management, Project Managers, HSQE, Engineering department, Finance and Procurement departmental teams.
- Externally to vendors, consultants, sub-contractors, and federal agencies.
Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Development of processes and procedures
- Presentation skills
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Total Productive Management
- Total Quality Management
- Six Sigma & Lean
- ISO systems
- Job costing or accounting software
Basic level of knowledge in:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project
- Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera 6)
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent (equivalent is 8 years of experience).
- Must have 5-10 years or more years of experience managing equipment/fleet or similar P&L.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.