RES currently has a Development Paralegal position open. This position can be located in Old Saybrook, CT or Minneapolis, MN.
Supports the north region development team with project, contract, agreement and real estate matters. Works with in house attorneys to assure standardization of documents, contracts, agreements and projects. Works with accounting to assure timely payments under project agreements.
- Prepares real estate documents and title curative instruments.
- Supports developers and attorneys on acquisitions, divestments and other transactions.
- Researches legislation and regulatory processes with respect to renewable energy policy, legislation and regulation.
- Assists developers to draft and negotiate routine legal documents, contracts and standard agreements
- Assists in administering north region development department activities.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong skills in communication.
- Strong drafting and analytical skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects.
- Intermediate knowledge of law.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent 8 years of experience.
- Paralegal certification or equivalent experience.
- 3 years Real Estate, Development or related experience.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer