RES currently has a Development Intern position open in the Old Saybrook, CT office.
The Development Intern will be a member of the North Region Development team, contributing to RES Americas renewable energy project prospecting efforts. This paid summer intern will be responsible for the day-to-day aspects of assisting project developers to identify and qualify new wind, solar, transmission and storage projects.
- Undertake independent market research projects
- Identify and assess sites for renewable energy and storage projects
- Ability to effectively utilize digital mapping and similar GIS software to identify potential project sites
- Assist developers with project specific and site specific needs
- Attend weekly internal and external meetings
- Communicate with landowners, government officials, and other project stakeholders
- Occasional travel for site visits and external meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Experience with ESRI GIS, spatial analytics, digital mapping or similar tools
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work and effectively communicate professionally and confidentially with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Meet required objectives and deadlines
- Good organizational skills and detail orientation
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job
- Currently enrolled as a Junior, Senior or Graduate level in Sustainability, Environmental Studies/Science or Natural Resources, Engineering, Business, Economics, Communications or related degree program
- Energy sector interest – especially renewable and green energy
- Some work experience preferred
- GIS experience preferred
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.