RES currently has a Data Analyst position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Manage the collection of data for both development and construction departments to evaluate the assumptions made in an effort to reduce the overall cost of energy within RES. The role will be a combination of data analysis and onsite visit, combine with financial analysis to provide business plan for optimization purposes while incorporating more theoretical modeling and business strategy.
- Extracts and reports data from both onsite construction and financial evaluation models of projects in an effort to reduce the cost of energy of renewable projects.
- Supports the construction and development managers of projects in an effort to reduce the cost of energy of renewable projects.
- Assists in-house business development and construction team in screening and modeling proposed initiatives.
- Build and maintain databases such as price data, renewable resource data, weather data, load profiles, etc. to support modelling and analytics as required
- Interface with development, finance, construction managers, and engineering to refine reports and KPIs and insure easy access and the right information is included.
- Travel up to twenty (50) percent of the time to remote construction sites to observe processes and obtain data may be required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, evaluation, planning and excel modeling skills.
- Knowledge of solar, wind and the technical modelling surrounding them
- Arc GIS, Global Mapper or equivalent GIS platform basic knowledge preferred
- Creativity in a field which is rapidly evolving
- Ability to adapt to commercial needs
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills, familiarity with Word and PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with energy market dynamics and the ability to stay current with changing technologies and regulations influencing the continued adoption of renewable energy.
- Ability to work independently or in a team to prioritize, complete assignments accurately and within tight deadlines.
- Bachelor degree engineering, field engineer experience, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of energy industry experience.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.