RES currently has an Construction Manager position located at our wind and solar projects across the USA.
Oversees construction of the project and coordinate all construction activity on site, electrical, civil and overhead line installation work.
- Leadership Accountabilities: Identify, deploy, and manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives. Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- hiring outstanding talent;
- aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- managing and supporting employee development and growth;
- providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Provides information about site activities including routing, fence crossings, traffic flow, water flow, moving farm animals, and hazards for the landowners on the site.
- Sets up initial layout and site infrastructure services to include water, power, internet and office trailers and required facilities.
- Schedules and ensures appropriate staffing for daily construction activities with employees and sub-contractors.
- Supports the PM and APM for required management coverage.
- Creates and implements daily work plans.
- Ensures construction disciplines are coordinating daily functions to minimize schedule delays.
- Coordinates line drops and ensure utilities are routed appropriately around work in progress.
- Identifies potential employee relations issues.
- Identifies potential schedule changes, workflow and staffing issues.
- Approve invoices for site billing on site services to include utilities, trailers, misc. expenses.
- Ensures sub-contractors are monitored on site by a Company employee.
- Serves in safety function as needed and determines appropriate actions.
- Shuts down a construction site when conditions warrant it, such as weather or safety.
- Performs site investigation for potential construction sites.
- Recommends and evaluates sub-contractors for use on projects.
- Drives throughout the construction site to oversee work in progress.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Communication to include listening skills
- Relationship building
- Adaptability to environment
- Decision making
- Construction knowledge
- Civil and electrical knowledge
- Utility right of ways
- Manage in a stressful environment
- Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Fundamentals of contract requirements
- Change orders
- Accounting software
- Understanding Scheduling concepts and exceptions
- Basic level of knowledge in:
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word)
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Site investigation
- High School diploma.
- 5-10 years field experience in utility work or heavy construction projects.
- OSHA 10 and/or 30 certification preferred.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.