RES currently has a Construction Finance Manager open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
The Construction Finance Manager will be a part of FP&A team, supporting financial forecasting, planning, reporting and analysis for the Construction Business Unit. The FP&A team works closely with the CFO and senior executives to plan the business and allocate budget and resources to the company’s strategic initiatives. The position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial guidance and analytics to all levels of management to inform key decision-making in pursuit of the company’s financial and operational objectives.
- Lead development of annual budgets, monthly forecasts and month-end reporting of actual results for the Construction Business Unit, including variance analysis to forecast and budget
- Guiding Commercial Managers on project level financials to create accurate forecasts
- Drive exceptional financial results within the Construction Business Unit
- Provide business/financial analysis and decision support that allows management to evaluate alternatives, make fact-based decisions, and evaluate the consequences of decisions
- Build business partner relationships across the organization and be seen as a business partner to collaboratively solve problems and remove obstacles to enable achievement of goals
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making
- Develop and prepare month-end performance presentation, understand detailed data and create a cohesive story based on key performance drivers to communicate to senior management and cross-functional stakeholders
- Establish a more comprehensive forecasting and budgeting process by collaborating with Construction Business Unit leaders and Commercial Managers and standardizing monthly financial reviews
- Drive efficiencies in all FP&A key processes and forecast accuracy improvement
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action. Report potentially unsafe conditions and use materials and equipment properly.
- Prepare other ad hoc executive-level analysis, research, modeling and reports for presentation to senior decision-makers within the company
- Ensure high quality deliverables on time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advance knowledge of project controls, including interpretation of project schedules and scopes of work, project budgeting, analysis and forecasting and reporting on earned value
- Understand subcontractor, vendor and materials management as well as estimating work efforts and scopes of work
- Advanced understanding of revenue recognition on the cost % complete method, and how it differs from earned value
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management
- Proven track record of performing with a high degree of accuracy and meeting tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Proven ability to influence across all levels of organization
- Self-starter who can manage projects so that areas of greatest risk are reviewed and issues are covered with management
- Ability to prepare executive-level summaries, conclusions and recommendations based on detailed data. Equally adept at searching, cleansing and compiling the necessary data from multiple systems and sources
- Ability to get results: can proactively and autonomously drive initiatives and projects from start to finish
- Team player that thrives in both leadership and individual contributor assignments
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and quick-learner of new financial systems and applications
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to interact with senior executives, as well as with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects often occurring simultaneously with quick turnaround requirements
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills to identify business drivers and summarize key business insights
- Impeccable attention to details yet possesses skills to tell the executive story in order to influence business decisions
- Exemplary interpersonal skills
- Collaborative problem solver and customer oriented
- BS in Accounting/Finance, or Business-related field. MBA is a plus
- Minimum 6-8 years of Finance-related work experience
- Minimum three years in a construction environment
- Minimum two years of corporate finance or commercial management in a corporate or growth company environment
- Minimum two years in manager capacity
- Self-starter and results oriented, comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities, thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record of performing with a high degree of accuracy and meeting tight deadlines
- Proven ability to interact with and influence across all levels of organization
- Power user in Excel required, skilled with Power Point
- Collaborative problem solver and customer oriented
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.