RES currently has a Commissioning Manager position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: Commissioning Manager for Renewable Energy Systems Americas, Inc. (RES-Americas), an expanding Wind, Solar, Energy Storage, and Transmission company based in Colorado. Office location is Broomfield, Colorado. The Commissioning Manager is responsible for all facets of commissioning of new renewable Power Plants. The Commissioning Manager will interface with suppliers, the EPC team and subcontractors, owner independent engineer and utility representatives to ensure a successful startup and transition between construction and operations. Coordinate with Utilities, Owner, CAISO, ERCOT, QSE…etc for testing and generate reporting.
The Commissioning Manager will assist the Project Team in the development of the startup schedule, oversees the development and execution of the turnover documentation process, develop commissioning procedures as necessary, oversee the acceptance and commissioning quality process and ensure that all requisite contractual testing is conducted in a timely manner.
Engineering experience with power and control systems, data acquisition and telecommunications is required. Field experience in Power Plant Control system PPC, SCADA, power systems/relays, testing/commissioning and/or telecommunications a must.
- Establish procedures and strategies for the start-up and systems commissioning for all renewable projects.
- Coordination with the construction team and with subcontractors.
- Managing performance testing, System startup testing and coordination with utilities for interconnection.
- Ensures best practices by developing and implementing turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, preservation and maintenance processes and systems considering and including: contractual requirements, project and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management and change management.
- Work closely with various stakeholders including the project manager, Engineering Managers, O&M and the construction team to provide subject-matter expert advice and leadership.
- Manage the development of commissioning procedures. Provide input and comments on temporary equipment required to support commissioning activities
- Supporting project Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) including: reviewing procedures, attending FAT review, and adjusting commissioning scope to integrate FAT successes and deficiencies.
- To schedule, coordinate and execute testing and full life cycle of onsite commissioning activities with tight deadlines and in line with the specified equipment requirements.
- Monitoring progress and recording all test results, witnessing final testing and acceptance of equipment and compilation of all documentation and test certificates.
- Ensure all relevant As-Built Drawings / Documents are marked up as defined in project As-Built Procedure.
- Work closely with the Vendor coordinator to schedule vendor requirements for commissioning tasks. Coordinate vendor support including training requirements and understand vendor’s/contractor’s commissioning and start-up work processes.
- Tracking, resolving issues by working with management, engineering, quality control and contractors. Manage closeout of punch list items.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Control System Design
- Rockwell Control Logix programming
- Inductive Automation Ignition SCADA system
- Utility scale power plant controller
- Microsoft SQL servers
- Utility Scale Inverters
- Wind turbine SCADA and Power Plant Controllers
- Energy Storage Systems
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Extensive experience in Commissioning and Start-Up of Battery Storage project, Solar and wind installation projects – above 10MW. Additional experience from Operations would also be an advantage.
- Demonstrated extensive experience within the field of commissioning.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, as well as ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment is required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English; other languages such as Spanish, French or Chinese a plus
- Minimum 5 or more years of proven utility or industrial experience that includes a proven track record of working on large capital-industrial construction projects.
- Needs the expertise and the necessary skills to interface with the client and will be instrumental in delivering on time, cost effective projects.
- Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors.
- Ability to work effectively with operations and other groups to ensure that project delivery and quality issues are met.
- Skilled in MSOffice (including Outlook and Visio), Matlab, Rockwell Software for ladder logic programming, Ignition software for HMI programming; skilled in AutoCAD a plus
- Employees must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess an appropriate valid driver's license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk, climb and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.