Manages contract and subcontracts compliance, cost tracking and forecasting, invoicing, owner and subcontractor change orders, and quantity surveying.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Leads and supports the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
- Meet or exceed client’s goals and expectations.
- Evaluates opportunities to grow profit on a project, through partnerships or new initiatives, and works to take advantage of those opportunities.
- Analyzes reports for insights into how the project can make adjustments to improve performance.
- Assists Project Managers with project financials and works as a member of a cohesive team.
- Assesses risks and makes recommendations based on a thorough analysis of all factors involved in a project.
- Assist with managing the project plan, participates in kick off, and close out meetings for the
- Assist with allocating budget, costs to date, forecasts cost to completion, procurement and materials management, and quantity take offs and verification of as builts especially for BOQ type projects.
- Has extensive knowledge of the prime contract and subcontracts and is familiar with all gaps, risks, opportunities and deliverables
- Assist in the negotiation of subcontracts
- Resolves issues with contracts and subcontracts
- Communicates with project team the contract terms, ensuring clarity to the contract's financial aspects.
- Develop Contracts and Change orders.
- Manage purchases of project related materials and equipment.
- Maintains a full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Ensures that the overall terms of the main contract are passed on to the subcontracts.
- Development and submission of invoices under the prime and subcontracts to insure best cash position
- Responsible for collecting data necessary for daily tracking of work completed
- Participates in daily and weekly status and progress reports of construction on site.
- Creates the weekly and monthly Project Summary reports sent to company management
- Drafts change orders for scopes of work, schedule of values and schedules associated with both.
- Tracks all POs, invoices and RFI’s in the Accounting system, ensuring profit / loss integrity, with subcontractors and within the organization.
- Coaches cost engineers on best practices for managing contract issues and handling daily issues and tasks.
- Directs, guides, and coaches Project and Field Engineers to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Assist with managing site personnel.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Relationship building
- Interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Project Management
- Interpretation of a project schedule
- Planning and task direction
- Adaptability to environment
- Working in a fast paced environment
- Interpretation of scopes of work
- Estimating work efforts
- Change orders
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Decision making
- Project budgeting, analysis and forecasting
- Contract Management
- Sub-contractor and vendor and materials management
- Construction drawing review
- Drawing Quantity Takeoff
- Writing skills
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, Visio)
- Job costing or accounting software
- Knowledge of construction contract
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (or equivalent 8 years of construction experience)
- One year of management experience.
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Certifications in OSHA, Crane Safety or High Voltage are desirable.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.