RES currently has a CAD Designer position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: CAD Designer for Renewable Energy Systems Americas, Inc. (RES-Americas), an expanding Wind, Solar, Energy Storage, and Transmission company based in Colorado. Office location is Broomfield, Colorado. This position will be responsible for detailed design of layout and schematics, working with design engineers on renewable energy power plants and battery system facilities. Experience with kmz/shp files, land survey data mapping, GIS, projections and conversion between various co-ordinate system will be required.
- Provide optimal designs of utility scale renewable power plants utilizing civil and electrical CAD design skills.
- Create and update CAD models and drawings using AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D. Typical deliverables include wind and solar power plant layouts, trenching and collection system drawings, grounding drawings, communications systems drawings, substation layouts, one-line diagrams, SCADA architecture drawings, and detail sheets.
- Use Autodesk Civil 3D to reference and utilize mapping, survey, and topographic data from multiple coordinate systems and sources.
- Ensure technical quality, accuracy, adherence to standards and contractual requirements of CAD work for the project.
- Utilize the company's document & drawing management systems to manage internal and external documents.
- Stay current with best industry practices.
- Minimum 5 years of AutoCAD drawing production and management experience
- Very well conversant use of Autodesk Civil 3D AutoCAD and proficient in Autodesk Map 3D (prefer candidates with GIS background).
- Occasional travel to project sites during initial stages and/or during construction phases and improve/modify design to suit site conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Proactive, self-motivated, task oriented, communicator and team builder
- Able to work professionally with clients, vendors, co-workers in the home office and at construction sites, and managers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Two-year technical (associates) degree in an engineering or related discipline or
- Attended AUTODESK University courses or
- AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D certification preferred
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.