RES currently has a Buyer I position open in the Carmichael, CA office.
Specific Duties for Procurement for Construction Projects
- Draft and assemble and issue requests for proposals to suppliers; consolidate and analyze responses.
- Work with Accounts Payable to reconcile invoices and make adjustments in Sage as appropriate.
- Actively work with suppliers to complete pre-qualification processes and maintain a clean and current database.
- Enter requisitions and Purchase Orders into the Agresso / Sage accounting system and work to issue them to suppliers with appropriate documentation; follow up to get signed documentation back as required under the agreement(s). Includes coordination with Engineering, and Project Management teams in obtaining specifications and drawings.
- Participate in internal department and project related meetings and coordinate efforts to obtain information and documents required for procurement activities. Maintain necessary records and files in accordance with company records retention protocols.
Specific Duties for Continuous Improvement
- Work closely with the Procurement team to identify and implement opportunities to improve efficiencies within Procurement processes, interactions with other departments, and with suppliers to maximize value and utilize best industry practices.
- Participate in company-wide continuous improvement initiatives from time to time.
Specific Duties for Professional Development
- Learn and actively support the various software platforms used by Procurement including Agresso, SmartBidNet, Sage/Timberline, etc.
- Participate in internal and external training opportunities specific to RES, the renewable energy industry, and procurement practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with finance, ERP, and or other accounting systems, databases, and reports.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented attitude.
- Good communication skills with the ability to interface with all levels of management and field staff.
- Self-motivated and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of renewable energy construction industry and associated field concepts, practices, procedures and general construction / electrical terminology.
- Experience with Agresso, Sage/Timberline, SmartBidNet software systems.
- Knowledge / experience procuring electrical, construction and or utility materials.
- Associates degree or equivalent procurement experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a purchasing role preferably in a construction industry.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Perform primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel (up to 5% of time) to other Company offices, construction sites, or training events. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.