RES currently has an Accounts Payable Specialist position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Come join the world’s largest independent renewable energy company active in wind, solar, energy storage and transmission and distribution. Our vision is to be a leader in the transition where everyone has access to affordable low carbon energy. Being part of the RES team means shaping the world’s energy future.
RES offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401K + employer match, life insurance and AD&D, paid time off, paid sabbatical, paid parental leave, alternative work schedules, fitness center membership, tuition reimbursement, and professional development.
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the accurate processing of various types of invoices, in accordance with company policies, into the Agresso system to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely basis.
- Review and verify vendor invoices for multiple legal entities prior to entering into the Agresso system for payment.
- Daily review of invoice rejections and makes necessary corrections as needed.
- Review weekly remittances to ensure vendor invoices were properly entered to correct legal entity, pay method, etc.
- Provides exceptional customer service in corresponding with vendors, Procurement, and Sites with research to resolve invoice discrepancies (i.e. PO, Contract, Non PO) on a timely basis.
- Assist with the requests and related processing of lien waivers.
- Prepares and reconciles vendor statements on a monthly basis.
- Backs up the department email boxes, as needed, during periods of fluctuating invoice volume.
- Enters reversals as needed.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills to problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service focus and communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as a team oriented individual.
- Ability to work effectively in a high volume, fast-paced environment and changing organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Intermediate 10 key by touch skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent of at least two (2) years’ experience.
- Two (2) to four (4) years Accounts Payable or Accounting experience.
- AP knowledge of common accounts payable processes for various invoices including: utilities, Purchase Orders, Contracts and Non PO invoices.
- Accounts Payable experience utilizing an ERP system in the support of multiple companies.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.