RES currently has an open Accounting Manager position in the Broomfield, CO office.
- The Accounting Manager will oversee the Generation business, supporting RES’ portfolio of wind, solar, and storage assets (both owned and managed) in the US and Canada.
- This position will be a partner to the finance and operations teams within the Generation business, regularly collaborating with various departments in the organization. Duties will include journal entry and reconciliation review, month end close, financial reporting, audit support, finance and regulatory compliance, contract review, team management, and business support.
- Opportunity to grow with a fast-growing international company in the renewables industry performing various tasks across many business aspects including renewables development, construction, and asset management. Position will be in the middle of many challenging and complex accounting and business tasks. Searching for a well-rounded candidate ready to grow and expand their accounting knowledge and skills.
- Position is established for a strong accounting manager. Lots of growth potential as the right candidate learns the business, displays excellence performance, and continuous to develop technical capabilities.
- Lead and / or participate on special projects as assigned.
- Manage the month-end close process for Generation accounting and reporting, including journal entry review, reconciliation review, financial reporting, and compliance.
- Preparation of debt covenant compliance certificates and bank withdrawals
- Preparation of both the monthly financial package and the annual audited financial statements, including preparation of related footnotes and disclosures.
- Coordination of annual audits
- Oversee all accounting for the Generation business, including revenue recognition, expense classification, asset retirement obligations, impairment testing, derivatives, fair value accounting, statement of cash flows, etc.
- Manage intercompany recharge process and reconciliation between various subsidiaries.
- Monitor cash needs of the business and work with finance/treasure to manage cash flows.
- Collaborate with operations, finance, FP&A, and legal to ensure proper accounting for and compliance with contracts, detailed evaluation of financial results, and budgeting/forecasting for the Generation business.
- Upon gaining an understanding of the various business process, systems, and reports, lead efforts on process improvement, automation, and efficiency.
- Responsible for researching, producing, reviewing, analyzing, and issuing periodic reports on general business activity.
- Review, analyze, and re-class P&L activity as needed to ensure proper income statement presentation
- Oversee updating and continuous improvement of process documentation
- Assist with systems implementations and data integrity
- Projects as assigned by the CFO, Controller and Assistant Controller.
- Supervising at least one staff/senior accountant
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current knowledge of GAAP, including preparation of financial statements. Specific technical areas include revenue recognition, expense classification, ARO accounting, PP&E Impairment testing, statement of cash flows, derivatives, and fair value accounting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel skills
- Strong leadership skills: supportive, accountable, vocal, bold
- Detailed oriented
- Prioritization, organization, and time management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and strong critical thinking skills.
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Clearly express information via schedules, tables, charts and commentary to superiors or management.
- Ability to manage under tight deadlines and handle multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-directed individual who enjoys learning, receiving coaching, and providing direction to team members
- Both process and results oriented
- Experience with ERP systems is preferable
- BS or Masters in Accounting
- 5+ years of public and/or industry accounting experience
- Relevant management experience
- CPA a strong plus
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment. RES is proud to be an EEO employer.