RES currently has a Senior Vice President, Wind Construction position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Summary: Under the leadership of the new Chief Executive Officer, RES Americas has recently restructured the organization to be more responsive to market opportunities and customer needs. As a direct report to the CEO, the Senior Vice President of Wind Construction is a key position on the North American leadership team with responsibility for managing the overall project direction, completion and financial outcome for the Wind Construction business in the United States and Canada.
- The Senior Vice President will have profit and loss responsibility for the largest project pipeline of the North American construction business, and be responsible for the owner relationship for all assigned projects. This is a highly visible, and critical role within RES Americas providing leadership to over 120 full-time employees and an additional 800+ contractors.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage all aspects of wind projects throughout the US and Canada.
- Prepare and execute Business Plan Strategy.
- Oversee performance of projects including, project status, schedule, cost control, management systems.
- Attend and lead in the preparation for project meetings, including progress, pre-construction and pre-award.
- Create and maintain key account relationships.
- Assist in the development of a Value Creation Plan in coordination with the site management.
- Oversees all company construction projects with overall responsibility for the success of the projects, including safety, schedules, profitability, and quality and owner satisfaction.
- Leads self-performance work.
- Assist in the development of the prime contract with the Owner and oversee the contract development and negotiations of subcontractors and vendors.
- Supervises in-house staff on specific projects, as needed.
- Communicates, and reports to, the CEO to provide project updates to include any major issues, changes, costs, timelines, etc.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The successful candidate will have exceptional business management acumen coupled with strong leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Additionally, he/she will have the communication and client service skills required to serve as the key point of contact for internal and external customers.
Additional experiences and qualifications include:
- Building strong customer relationships
- Negotiation skills
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Thorough understanding of the construction industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good math/accounting skills
- Strong management skills
- Willingness to travel
- Professional demeanor and grooming
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s Degree – Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of self-perform construction industry experience, preferably within a renewable energy or civil construction environment
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.