RES currently has a FP&A Director position open in the Broomfield, CO office
The Finance Director will support financial forecasting, planning, reporting and analysis. The FP&A team works closely with the CFO and senior executives to plan the business and allocate budget and resources to the company’s strategic initiatives. The position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial guidance and analytics to all levels of management in order to inform key decision-making in pursuit of the company’s financial and operational objectives.
- Understand and facilitate the integration of business processes, people, and relevant technology, in order to identify, configure, and communicate useful information, and to provide practical business counsel to support project teams across the enterprise
- Develop and monitor annual budgets, monthly forecasts and month-end reporting of actual results, including variance analysis to forecast and budget
- Conduct reviews of business processes and expenditures to identify synergy savings and remove non-value added practices
- Provide business/financial analysis and decision support that allows management to evaluate alternatives, make fact-based decisions, and evaluate the consequences of decisions
- Develop and prepare month-end performance dashboard and present results to cross functional executive management team
- Participate as a key thought leader of the global finance team, influencing decision making, identifying finance priorities, managing directly and indirectly - finance staff in our Corporate Office.
- Drive the annual, quarterly and monthly budget process while working to improve the accuracy of the forecast process.
- Prepare and deliver presentations in support of board and shareholder meetings, monthly/quarterly senior leadership meetings and various strategic committees of the company, and support the strategic business planning process.
- Establish meaningful reports and analytics that support the needs of internal executives and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to standardize monthly financial reviews and establish a more comprehensive forecasting and budgeting process.
- Building deep business partner relationships across the organization to drive cost savings and efficiency improvements
- Analysis and reporting on key company-wide performance metrics to the executive team
- Participate in strategic data analysis, research and modeling for senior company leadership
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate business processes in a broad context
- Proven track record of improving top and bottom-line results
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate with cross-functional teams at all levels of staff and management
- Self-starter who can manage projects so that areas of greatest risk are reviewed and issues are covered with management
- Ability to prepare executive-level summaries, conclusions and recommendations based on detail data. Equally as adept at searching, cleansing and compiling the necessary detail data from multiple systems and sources
- Ability to get results; can proactively and autonomously drive initiatives and projects from start to finish
- Team player that thrives in both leadership and individual contributor assignments.
- Experience working with multiple ERP’s and large databases
- Expert in complex financial modeling and data analysis
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and quick-learner of new financial systems and applications
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to interact with senior executives, as well as all other levels of individuals within an organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects often occurring simultaneously with quick turnaround requirements
- Strong financial analysis and modeling skills to identify business drivers and summarize key business insights
- Expertise in understanding industry trends, impact of external and internal forces affecting business planning and execution, and competitive environment.
- Impeccable attention to details yet possess skills to tell the executive story to influence business decisions
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related major
- MBA or CMA, CPA/working on CPA exam preferred
- Minimum three years of FP&A in a corporate or growth company environment
- Minimum 7 years of Finance-related work experience
- 10-12 years of experience in financial analysis, public accounting or cost accounting
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES is proud to be an EEO employer.