RES currently has a Transactions Manager position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Summary: Work within the Construction Transactions Team, which is part of the larger Pre-Construction Group, whose responsibility is to work with the business development team to bring in new construction business in the Wind, Solar and Energy Storage fields that RES participates in. The team primarily works on (and closes) Construction Agreements (BOP and EPC) and key Supply and O&M Agreements, as well as all accompanying exhibits.
- Lead team to close new construction contracts, with high focus on negotiating and solving key commercial, legal and technical issues. Need to meet both RES and customer objectives and satisfaction.+
- Help to lead customer interface starting at handoff from business development until construction team takeover at contract closure.
- Lead/coordinate the interaction with multiple internal organizations, including construction, engineering, development, legal, insurance, tax, estimating etc.
- Help team to project manage the entire contract closure process – kickoff meetings, coordinating internal and external follow on meetings, document control etc.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This position requires a highly organized candidate to hit the ground running, work independently with minimal supervision, with strong ability to multitask.
- This position requires candidate to be able to project manage and problem solve complex technical, commercial and legal issues.
- Understanding of construction contract terms and ability to integrate with exhibits, while recognizing discrepancies.
- Candidate must be skilled in MS Office
- Bachelor degree in engineering, legal or other construction/technical related field preferred.
- 5-7 years construction, legal, engineering or other technical experience required.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with regular travel to other company offices, customer offices, or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Minimal travel to construction sites may require driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.