RES currently has a Construction Data Analyst position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Summary: The Construction Data Analyst will be responsible for collection and analysis of production and schedule data with the goal of improving methods and processes. The Analyst will be responsible for identifying and prioritizing areas for improvement. Construction experience is not a requirement as the goal is to identify non-traditional approaches in a mature industry.
- Understands business challenges and formulates efficient analytic solutions.
- Designs analytic frameworks using various quantitative techniques such as dynamic financial analysis, statistical modeling, and optimization algorithms.
- Documents and presents technical processes, methodologies and results.
- Works with management team to create a prioritized list of areas for improvement.
- Designs framework and schedule for implementation of changes.
- Identifies and recommends new ways to reduce cost by streamlining business processes.
- Creates tools to identify most efficient scheduling of projects and optimization of resources.
- Collaborates effectively and works as part of a team.
- Travels up to 75% to remote construction sites to observe processes and obtain data required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Proficient in Excel and other Microsoft Office tools
- Solid understanding of data management using relational database management systems (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Netezza, or comparable systems)
- Proficient in Structured Query Language, with experience in using SQL for solving business problems.
- Ability to work independently and think critically
- Ability to complete life cycle from baseline data of current practices through testing of new methods and final implementation.
- Ability to turn project requirements into custom-formatted data reports.
- Ability to interact with construction teams onsite.
- Clear and effective communication
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent time-management skills and multi-tasking under pressure
- Drive to solve problems and self-motivated learning
- PhD or Master’s degree in statistics, operations research, engineering, actuarial science, computer science, mathematics, or economics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Computer Engineering
- Clean driving record allowing use of Company vehicle utilizing Company insurance.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will work outdoors observing construction teams.
Travels up to 75% of time on remote construction sites.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.