RES currently has an Engineer position open with the Distributed team in the Broomfield, CO office
Provides conceptual and detailed designs of distributed renewable energy power plants and supports development, engineering and construction of renewable energy projects.
- Performs engineering role on specific projects to include contract review, progress tracking, and interdepartmental communications.
- Drafts and reviews specifications and construction documents using templates and defined processes, identifying process improvements as appropriate.
- Supports preliminary engineering tasks.
- Drafts and reviews distributed scale renewable energy power systems, primarily focused on solar and energy storage technologies.
- Drafts and reviews equipment specifications, concept design drawings, site evaluations, electrical drawings and process flow diagrams.
- Drafts and reviews (MDP) Module Deployment Plans.
- Evaluates and deploys irradiance instruments at project sites.
- Drafts and reviews energy yield calculations using tools such as PVSYST, and NREL System Advisor Model (SAM)
- Drafts templates and reviews uncertainty analysis for energy yield.
- Drafts and reviews power system components and subsystems.
- Works with either internal or external electrical and civil engineers.
- Works with designers to prepare construction drawings. May be required to manage 3rd party design consultants. Management will include QA/QC of design and engineering provided.
- Visits sites as needed during pre-construction, construction and commissioning to support project needs.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Oral and written skills to include:
- Technical writing
- Ability to communicate issues to peers, managers and clients
- Clear and concise writing
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to think analytically.
Basic level of knowledge in:
- Power plant performance analysis and design
- General design for constructability
- Familiarity with industry best practices
- Equipment specifications
Detailed design software:
- Fundamental understanding of CAD concepts
- Fundamental knowledge of power system software such as PYSYST, SAM, and Helio 3D
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, with a MS degree preferred.
- One to five years experience in power generation industry (solar and or storage experience preferred).
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties, with occasional travel to Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.