RES currently has a Project Manager position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Summary: Project Manager of Distributed scale solar and battery storage projects.
- Leadership Accountabilities: Identify, deploy, and manage all active projects and portfolios of projects through the construction life cycle to accomplish RES Distributed business objectives.
- aligning project level objectives to department and company objectives;
- providing regular and direct feedback on all projects and portfolio of projects performance and goal progress.
- Site investigation for potential project sites.
- Oversees all RES Distributive Construction Managers and all active construction projects.
- Leads and support the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working. Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Is responsible for the management of all project’s budgets and schedules as agreed before start of the project.
- Schedules the site work with all functions and across all activities between functions, removing obstacles.
- Directs, guides and coaches RES Distributed Construction Managers, subcontractor(s)/EPC partners to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Supervision and coordination of all disciplines for the efficient and safe work output during project work.
- Follows existing process in place and support establishment of the new processes for systems and communication lines on site.
- Performs quality control checks to ensure processes are implemented according to the plan.
- Tracks the production of man hours versus all the tasks installed for, but not limited to, pile installation, tracker installation and module installation on a weekly basis. Submits Daily Construction Report to project manager or director on a daily basis, including safety, activity, equipment and manpower on site logs.
- Communicates variances and changes to executive management.
- Manages subcontractor and/or RES Distributed personnel in a stressful environment to ensure work is the focus and to keep employees engaged.
- Full understanding of all contractual scope of work obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Identifies issues and lessons learned in the field and provides feedback to the corporate office as feedback to include HSQE, engineering, procurement and development departments in addition to support function.
- Sets up or works with subcontractor to set up initial layout and site infrastructure services to include as required, water, power, internet etc.
- Follows existing procedures, documentation and protocol for environmental management system.
- Utilizes, where applicable, Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Knows locations of the required documents, drawings and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required construction permitting activities before commencement.
- Completes audit functions on projects during the construction and operations phases.
- Insures training is provided and certifications are maintained by subcontractor to comply with EMS requirements.
- Communications to include: email interactions, site reports, meetings and teleconferences as needed.
- Materials management.
- Project related RES Distributed purchases of materials / equipment
- National Permits (EPA, Corp of Engineers)
- Regional Permits (Gen Const Permit)
- Regional Permits (Stormwater Management)
- Local Permits & landowner relations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Scheduling activities logically
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Construction Management
- Scope of Work management
- Managing a fast paced environment
- Managing in a stressful environment
- QA/QC processes
- Vendor and materials management
- Reading prints & drawings
- Team building
- Internally with executive management, project managers, HSQE, Engineering department, Finance and Procurement departmental teams.
- Externally to vendors, consultants, sub-contractors, municipal and electrical authorities, interconnections and municipalities for permits.
Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- Understanding of processes and procedures
- Mathematics & Science (General)Estimating work efforts
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
Basic level of knowledge in:
- Writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project
- Drawing review and comment software
- Trade school or equivalent (equivalent is 5 years of experience).
- 5-10 years field experience in utility work or heavy construction projects.
- OSHA 10/30 Certification is preferred
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
RES Americas maintains a drug and alcohol free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: The Company reserves the right to modify or alter this job description at any time in the future.