RES currently has a Development Manager II position open in the Broomfield, CO office
RES America Developments Inc., located in Broomfield, Colorado seeks a Development Manager II .
- Responsible for site identification by working with wind resource and transmission teams to apply fundamental site criteria (land ownership, wind resource, access to existing transmission lines, constructability, etc.)
- Works closely with energy resource engineers to identify optimum project sites and develops land acquisition strategies
- Works closely with legal counsel and senior members of the development team to draft land-rights documents
- Represents RES America Developments Inc. in community settings and in front of large landowner groups
- Manages land acquisition consultants and other temporary contractors
- Participates in environmental and permitting work
- Participates in transmission/interconnection process
- Identifies business opportunities and helps form relationships with key utilities and other potential clients within a region
- Works with landowners and energy resource engineers to get "met mast's" (metering towers) permitted and installed
- Works with finance team to assess viability of emerging opportunities.
- Manages all aspects of the land-rights acquisition process.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Familiarity with and ability to stay current regarding changing regulatory requirements
- Understanding of contract terms and ability to recognize discrepancies
- Responsible to ensure SAFETY requirements must be met
- Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Stay current with professional and industrial best practices
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, law, engineering or closely related field;
- Three (3) years’ experience as Business Manager, Lawyer, Paralegal or Engineer;
- Three (3) years’ experience must have included:
- Experience in large scale commercial project development, real estate or land acquisition;
- Managing the full-spectrum of core responsibilities independently or with limited over-sight;
- Managing land acquisition through financial closing activity;
- Managing client interactions and delivering on time cost effective projects; and
- Skills in MSOffice and Outlook.
- Availability to travel: 25%-50%, representing the company at meetings on wind or solar energy in southern U.S.
Salary $86,044 per year plus normal company benefits including health insurance. Qualified candidates please apply at www.res-group.com referencing 7289-Development Manager II.