RES currently has a Staff/Senior Accountant position open in the Broomfield, CO office
- This position will provide GL and operational support for the Accounting department. Duties will include the evaluation and recording of transactions to the GL necessary to ensure the financials, internal reporting, and external reporting are complete and accurate. Further, this position is responsible for reconciliations, deposits, accruals, routine entries, month-end close entries, audit support, and reviewing various reporting.
- Support and / or participate on special projects or projects as assigned.
- Opportunity to grow with a fast-growing international company in the renewables industry performing various tasks across many business aspects including renewables development, construction, and asset management. Position will be in the middle of many challenging and complex accounting and business tasks. The above is not all inclusive. Searching for a well-rounded candidate ready to grow and expand their accounting knowledge and skills.
- Position is established for a strong staff accountant or junior senior accountant. Lots of growth potential as the right candidate learns the business.
- Facilitate the month-end close process by preparing journal entries, reviewing and completing all assigned month-end functions.
- Perform reconciliations and maintain documentation related to balance sheet accounts.
- Evaluate transactions and record to the GL as necessary to ensure the financials and trial balance are accurate and complete.
- As assigned, responsible for researching, producing, reviewing, analyzing, and issuing periodic reports on general business activity.
- Compiling, reconciling, and invoicing intercompany activities.
- Process and record deposits & prepaids
- Manage land lease process, including reconciliations, tracking, and recording of all land leases held by the company.
- Manage development teams Met Mast assets and depreciation.
- Review, analyze, and re-class P&L activity to ensure a strong Income Statement.
- Compile, review, and record AR for various business groups.
- Assist team in process documentation
- Assist team in systems implementations and data integrity
- Projects as assigned by senior accountants or management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specially Excel including the use of pivot tables. Experience with ERP or Reporting Systems a plus.
- Detailed oriented.
- Prioritization and time management.
- Clearly express information via schedules, tables, charts and commentary to superiors or management.
- Ability to manage under tight deadlines and handle multiple complex tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Self-directed individual who works well with teams.
- BS in Accounting/Finance, or Business related field.
- 2-3 or more years of experience in financial analysis or accounting
- Current knowledge of GAAP or IFRS
- Expertise in ERP systems and Excel
- Strong communication and team player skills
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment. RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.