RES currently has a Bid Manager position open in the Broomfield, CO office
The Bid Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead assigned construction bid responses, including response to prequalification requests, managing engineering and estimating activities, conducting proposal strategy, leading value engineering activities, preparing and updating preliminary engineering and construction schedules, conducting progress meetings, ensuring the project aligns with Owner requirements and constraints, supporting development of contract exhibits and working with development, engineering, construction and contract teams.
The Bid Manager will communicate, plan and strategize closely with members of the business development, engineering, estimating, contract, legal, and construction management teams, maximizing the interdependencies between groups and subject matter experts to develop and operationalize compelling content that is client-centric and competitive - viewing the proposal process as a strategic positioning opportunity.
- Lead and manage bid activities on multiple projects.
- Establish bid budgets and monitor conformance to those budgets.
- Initiate, facilitate, and lead bid/proposal meetings.
- Create initial engineering and construction schedules, and update and maintain those schedules as required.
- Communicate important design, estimating, pre-construction and construction milestones to the project team.
- Track, organize, and distribute project information, documents and correspondence including RFP addendums.
- Identify and quantify risks and rewards early in the bid process, and communicating these to senior management.
- Facilitate any required commercial terms response as part of the proposal through engagement with Contracts, Legal and Senior Construction Management.
- Lead the bid team to identify and analyze value engineering opportunities.
- Work with the contracts team to close construction/BOP contracts, with high focus on exhibits and ancillary documentation, including ability to write scopes of work.
- Lead handoff at project award/close, and support the construction team manage the closing process with the Owner.
- Support the construction project management team as required during the beginning of the construction phase.
- Review drawings, specifications and other construction documents and communicate issues, accuracy of information, and potential risks.
- Learn and understand the project owner's needs, goals, and requirements; and work with the project team to incorporate them into the design and technical specifications.
- Learn and understand the project development requirements and constraints, and work with the project team to incorporate them into the design.
- Promote and facilitate open communication and issue resolution between bid team members.
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action, report potentially unsafe conditions and use materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of engineering and estimating for large construction projects
- Highly organized with a strong ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Can start with minimal information and quickly develop an understanding of the project using the available resources.
- Ability to manage and problem solve complex technical and commercial issues.
- General understanding of EPC contracting commercial terms and impacts on risk.
- Approaches problems by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach.
- Ability to utilize imaginative and innovative approaches to resolve problems and address potential risks.
- Proven positive and professional attitude.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite programs, including Microsoft Project. Primavera is preferred.
- Skilled in use of Google Earth and/or GIS software.
- Minimum of 5 years in construction, engineering or other technical field is required.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or other construction/technical related field is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of utility scale wind or solar engineering and/or construction is preferred.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other company offices, customer offices or construction sites.
Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Occasional travel to construction sites may require driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.