RES currently has a Vice President of Solar Construction position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Solar Construction is the senior manager overseeing all day to day activities as well as the long term well-being of the Solar Construction business unit. The Vice President of Solar Construction is ultimately responsible for managing all aspects of planning, engineering, implementing, and constructing solar projects. The VP of Solar Construction will oversee multiple projects at a time and is responsible for the overall administrative and technical direction of site operations as well as planning, coordinating and directing the entire engineering and construction effort to ensure each project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. In addition the Vice President of Solar Construction is responsible for key account management and the project acquisition pipeline.
- Advanced planning for projects
- Detailed scope, schedule and budget management and controls for each project
- Customer and subcontractor contract management
- Hire, manage and measure resources including labor, equipment, and subcontractors
- Direct, measure, and report progress towards project goals
- Manage and mentor project managers and site superintendents
- Maximize resource efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure Site safety and security
- Ensure proper close out of projects
- Develop project management system; train PMs and ensure system is updated regularly
- Develop communication system to update Management regularly on the status of projects
- Communicate with customers project status and diplomatically handle customer concerns
- Maintain all necessary training and certifications for engineering and construction staff
- Ensure Compliance & Policy – OSHA, State and Federal standards, drug testing
- 100% Customer satisfaction
- Steady flow of new project opportunities
- Regular review of project financial performance
- Maintain strong financial transparency in all relationships with Management
- Identify opportunities for improvements in operations that will translate to bottom line results
- Anticipate and minimize cost overruns
- Meet or beat project budgets
- Increase gross profit margins on construction projects
Business Development Support:
- Lead business development in the proposal process to ensure customer deadlines are met
- Oversee proposal preparation to effectively communicate planning, implementation, and safety of potential projects
- Participate in proposal interviews and meetings, as required
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of project finance, power purchase contracts, real estate documents, transmission, interconnection procedures, and environmental permitting.
- Track record of building, leading, and managing construction teams
- Track record of directing, measuring, and reporting progress towards project goals
- Understanding of Project accounting and controls
- Understanding of utility permitting, renewable energy state incentives, solar federal regulations, solar grants and subsidy opportunities.
- Risk assessment policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction or equivalent relevant experience
- 10+ years of utility-scale solar construction project or business development experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.