RES currently has a Distributed On-Site Construction Manager position open in Vilas, CO
Summary: Construction Management of Distributed Energy Projects utilizing solar and or energy storage technologies.
- Manage a project or a portfolio of projects from mobilization to commercial operation.
- Perform site investigation for new project sites.
- Ability to supervise up to two- three projects simultaneously.
- Lead the site in technical, quality and safety.
- Lead by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working. Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
- Manage/assist in managingof the project budget and schedule to ensure on time delivery and within budgeted guidelines.
- Schedule the site work with all functions and across all activities specifically coordinating multiple suppliers with the designated balance of system (BOS) contractor.
- Directs, guides and coaches RES Distributed subcontractor(s)/BOS partners to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Tracks the production of man hours for pile installation, tracker installation and module installation on a weekly basis.
- Submits Daily Construction Report to project director on a daily basis, including safety, activity, equipment and manpower on site logs.
- Communicates variances and changes to project director.
- Understands all contractual scope of work obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Identifies issues and lessons learned in the field and provides feedback to the home office as feedback to include HSQE, engineering, procurement and development teams.
- Follows existing procedures, documentation and protocol for environmental management system.
- Utilizes, where applicable, Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required construction permitting activities before commencement.
- Completes audit functions on projects during the construction and operations phases.
- Insures training is provided and certifications are maintained by subcontractor to comply with EMS requirements.
- Communications to include: email interactions, site reports, meetings and teleconferences as needed.
- Project related RES Distributed purchases of materials / equipment
- National Permits (EPA, Corp of Engineers)
- Regional Permits (Gen Const Permit)
- Regional Permits (Stormwater Management)
- Local Permits & landowner relations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Safety and OSHA requirements
- Scheduling activities logically
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and task direction
- Construction Management
- Scope of Work management
- Managing a fast paced environment
- Managing in a stressful environment
- QA/QC processes
- Vendor and materials management
- Reading prints & drawings
- Team building
- Internally with executive management, project managers, HSQE, Engineering department, Finance and Procurement departmental teams.
- Externally to vendors, consultants, sub-contractors, municipal and electrical authorities, interconnections and municipalities for permits.
- Understanding environmental concepts
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Writing skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), Microsoft Project
- Drawing review and comment software
- Trade school or equivalent (equivalent is 5 years of experience).
- 5-10 years field experience in utility work or heavy construction projects.
- OSHA 10/30 Certification is preferred
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.