RES currently has a Civil Designer position open in the Broomfield, CO office
RES Americas is searching for a Civil Designer to become part of the engineering team at the headquarters office in Broomfield, CO. This individual will provide innovative preliminary and final designs utilizing advanced CAD modelling and drawings tools for wind, solar and energy storage power plants and support the company’s bidding, development, engineering and construction efforts.
- Designs and reviews grading, site work and roadways.
- Creates and reviews civil details for bid and construction plan sets.
- Assists and mentors designers in fields of construction plans, such site work or foundations.
- Provides efficient designs and layouts of utility scale renewable power plants.
- Creates and updates civil and structural drawings using AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D to support development and construction of renewable energy projects. Examples: solar PV plant layouts, grading design (roads, equipment pads cut & fill, foundation plans, etc.)
- Uses Autodesk Civil & Map 3D to reference and utilize mapping, survey, and topographic data from multiple coordinate systems. Ensures technical quality, accuracy, adherence to standards and contractual requirements of CAD work for the project.
- Documents technical processes as needed.
- Utilizes the company’s document & drawing management systems to manage internal and external documents.
- Works independently, minimal supervision required.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Written and verbal communication
- Ability to communicate issues to engineers and designers
- Clear and concise writing
- Autodesk Civil 3D 2016 or later
- AutoCAD 2016 or later
- Autodesk Map 3D (prefer candidates with some GIS background)
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Two-year technical (associates) degree in an engineering or related discipline (or equivalent 4 years of experience)
- Qualification in Computer Aided Design/Drafting
- AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D certification
- 6+ years of AutoCAD drawing production and management experience
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.