RES currently has a Sr. Structural Engineer position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Summary: RES is seeking an expert to perform structural engineering of foundations for utility-scale wind turbines for projects across the US and Canada. Duties also include structural engineering for other structures such solar piling and miscellaneous foundations for wind, solar and energy storage projects.
- Serves as company’s wind turbine foundation engineering specialist
- Perform efficient and economical preliminary designs to support development, cost estimates, bids, permitting and pre-construction activities
- Perform efficient and economical detailed designs for construction
- Perform reviews and interpretations of geotechnical investigations and reports
- Provide input to contract exhibits
- Identify and communicate project risks
- Coordinate designs with suppliers, owners, owner’s engineers and other teams, both internal to RES and external
- Work closely with CAD designers and other engineering personnel to ensure efficient, accurate and complete deliverables
- Write specifications and scopes of work covering supply of materials and work to be performed
- Review and coordinate designs of third party engineers
- Perform construction support – including travel to project sites, technical support, shop drawing review, coordinate with sub-contractors, bid evaluation and project close-out
- Keep abreast of state of the art technologies and incorporate where value is added
- Seek continual improvement with aim of lowering costs
- Works independently, minimal supervision required.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Expert level of knowledge in:
- Wind turbine foundation design
- General foundation and steel design
- Geotechnical engineering
- Finite element software such as STAAD
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Internally with Estimating, Contracts, Development, Technical group, Construction team, Executives, Accountants, Procurement and Programming Departments
- Externally with Subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, owners, clients, land owners and jurisdictional agencies
- Oral and written skills to include:
- Technical writing
- Ability to communicate issues to peers
- Clear and concise writing
- Master’s degree in civil engineering, specializing in structural and geotechnical engineering
- 10 years of experience
- Registered professional engineer (PE), SE preferred
- Must have a valid current driver license, eligible for corporate vehicle insurance coverage.
- Must be able to obtain a valid current passport to travel outside the U.S.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.