RES currently has an Energy Resource Engineer I position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Provides support in wind farm project development & resource assessment by predicting long-term wind characteristics and calculating energy production estimates.
- Wind farm prospecting & assistance with advanced development due diligence.
- Meteorological mast and remote sensing instrumentation siting for energy resource characterization.
- Data processing, quality control & implementation of measure-correlate-predict (MCP) statistical techniques for predicting long-term wind characteristics.
- Wind farm climatic condition and turbine suitability assessments.
- Wind farm layout design and energy optimization using AutoCAD & ArcGIS software.
- Calculate net capacity factor and energy yield estimates using RES wind flow & energy modeling software.
- Travel to project sites under development to select meteorological mast locations & review wind turbine locations (micro-siting) for construction support & confirmation of site constructability.
- Prepare wind and energy related reports or data packages for approval and delivery to clients.
- Design & develop new tools using a variety of programming languages in an effort to streamline tasks and improve efficiency related to resource assessment.
- Provide technical writing for internal and external clients including request for proposal and grant submissions.
- Provide technical support to the development and construction teams.
- Provide subject matter expertise (SME) on wind & energy related requests (i.e. translating and mapping coordinates, developing preliminary wind turbine layouts, mapping project infrastructure designs, etc).
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including census, field observation, satellite imagery, aerial photographs, ALTA surveys, etc.
- Create maps and graphs using GIS software or related software for project development.
- Create and maintain SQL databases consisting of a variety of geospatial datasets.
- Complete wind & energy related statistical analyses using MS Excel.
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions and use materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Global Mapper
- SQL Server Management Studio (or similar)
- Visual Basic, C++, C# or Python programming
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work & learn independently
- Ability to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline or eight years equivalent experience.
- French language skills considered a plus but not required.
Physical Requirements & Environment:
The work environment and physical demand characteristics of this position are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
This position will require the employee to perform primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. The incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.