RES currently has a Construction Accounting Manager position open in the Broomfield, CO office
RES is one of the prominent developers and contractors of the growing renewables field. The Construction Accounting Manager will support RES’ portfolio of wind, solar, and storage construction projects in the US and Canada. The Manager will be the business unit partner for the VPs of construction in understanding project costs, equipment department costs and planning, reviewing budgets and actuals, challenging forecast assumptions, training construction teams on processes, collecting A/R, department reporting, developing department budgets, complete % complete / WIP Reports, and review cash flows by project. The Manager is expected to be the Construction Business Unit leaders go-to financial person and oversee the Construction Accounting Team.
- Be the business unit partner for construction.
- Support cost reductions, improvements, and efficiencies for the group.
- Point person focused on developing, reviewing, managing, and explaining the numbers.
- Monitor and review project budgets with project managers.
- Challenge assumptions and forecasts.
- Participate in margin review meetings with PMs, Directors, and VPs.
- Complete monthly % complete, elimination, and WIP reports for accounting.
- Manage accounting and allocations for Equipment Department.
- Develop processes and train construction job sites on processes.
- Monitor processes to ensure compliance.
- Contribute and lead the improving, automating, or streamlining of job costing, timesheets, construction accounting, equipment tracking, procurement, or A/P processes.
- Develop annual budgets for construction department, including equipment, staffing, and internal costs.
- Work with construction VPs to develop and implement new processes on project sites and within construction department.
- Continuous training and reinforcement of processes to project sites.
- Provide valuable insights into construction cost structures to help further develop ERP system reporting and costing structure.
- Prepare various financial analysis related to job costs, GMP analysis, or other ad hoc requirements.
- Manage A/R process.
- Follow up with customers to ensure A/R is submitted and approved timely; collected by due date with appropriate documentation.
- Work with FP&A to develop, budget, and review actuals for Construction Departments internal reporting.
- Provide project sites with cash flow actuals. Work with sites to develop 12-month cash flow forecasts with focus on accuracy of forecasts, especially 1-3 months out.
- Work with Accounting to review construction contracts for any unusual risks, warranty obligations, or % complete accounting.
- Manage balance sheet reconciliations for construction business.
- Manage and produce monthly KPIs for construction business.
- Support year-end close and audit process
- Work with construction and procurement to develop best-in-class procure-to-pay process.
- Work with existing construction accountants to develop team and group to become highly valued business partners to the construction business. Collaborate with company engineers, construction workers, PMs, developers, accounting, tax as well as third party consultants when managing assigned projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Financial Controller.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent Excel skills and ERP experience developing reports and understanding big data.
- General familiarity in reading and interpreting commercial contracts and agreements.
- Experience within construction FP&A including % complete, job costing, earned value, scheduling, & WIP.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to meet deadlines and complete time-sensitive duties, as assigned.
- Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Finance, accounting or engineering major preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in power generation (renewables), construction (self-perform construction), or heavy civil strongly preferred.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.