RES currently has an Asset Manager Solar/Renewables position open in the Broomfield, CO office
This position will be responsible for the day to day operational management and analysis of Renewable Energy facilities which may include Solar, Wind or Energy Storage. Duties will include owner interaction, contract management, report writing, using and creating tools for the analysis of renewable energy facilities, tracking the efficiency of operated assets, manage improvements, management of subcontractors, vendors and OEM’s, facility problem solving and available for on call emergency response. Position may travel up to 20%.
- Manage day to day operation of renewable energy assets, which may include Wind, Solar and Energy Storage.
- Manage Owner relationship.
- Manage contractual obligations including Owners and Vendors.
- Investigate outside vendors to partner with RES Asset Management in future projects.
- Coordinate with facility operators to plan for facility success.
- Fault finding and investigation into failures and under performance.
- Write facility specific and departmental O&M plans and procedures.
- Familiar with OSHA, NERC, ERCOT, TRE, NFPA, and other industry groups.
- Produce operational reports for both internal and client(s).
- 24/7 on call response to address site operational issues.
- Assist facility manager as needed for on call support
- Assist in the design, development, and creation of databases, analysis tools and other related projects as needed.
- Assist with the automation of site data collection.
- Provide technical supports to site operations.
- Create and use tools for reliability and performance analysis.
- Manage reliability improvement with site and service personnel.
- Maintain Operations and Management (O&M) cost trackers and model future O&M costs.
- Work with various teams to analyze expected vs. actual production data.
- Lead or follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action when needed.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions while protecting employees and equipment.
- Use materials and equipment properly
- Any other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in utility scale Solar facility management
- Strong management background
- Creative problem solver a plus
- Experience with utility scale control center a plus
- Familiar with Ignition software programming a plus
- Intermediate usage of MS SQL, Strong Access, Excel, and Office suite skills
- Knowledge of python scripting a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to represent RES professionally in all aspects
- Ability to work effectively with other groups within RES.
- Self-motivated and the ability to interface in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Basic electrical (low voltage) and switching (high voltage) knowledge and skills an advantage.
- Familiar with DC collection and fault detection
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to reliably respond to operational issues on 24/7 basis
- B.S. degree level education in mechanical engineering or other appropriate technical field.
- 3-5 years+ experience in management within a solar environment OR analytics of renewable energy assets (Wind, Solar, Energy Storage).
- Employees must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess an appropriate valid driver's license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee will work mainly in an office environment, with occasional travel to sites.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.