RES currently has a Pre-Construction Project Manager position open in the Broomfield, CO office
The Pre-Construction Project Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead pre-construction activities on RES developed wind projects, including developing conceptual layouts and quantity take-offs, managing engineering and estimating activities, leading value engineering activities, preparing and updating preliminary engineering and construction schedules, conducting pre-construction and progress meetings, ensuring the project aligns with Development and Owner requirements and constraints, supporting development of contract exhibits and working with development, engineering, construction and contract teams to move projects seamlessly from development through contracting and into construction. The Pre-Construction Project Manager will communicate, plan and strategize closely with members of the development, engineering, estimating, contract and construction teams.
- Lead and manage pre-construction activities on multiple RES developed wind projects.
- Initiate, facilitate, and lead pre-construction meetings.
- Create initial engineering and construction schedules, and update and maintain those schedules as required.
- Communicate important design, estimating, development, pre-construction and construction milestones to the project team.
- Track and organize project information, documents and correspondence.
- Author and log project mail communications to external parties, including transmittals and RFIs.
- Document design and cost changes throughout the pre-construction process.
- Lead the project team to identify and analyze value engineering opportunities.
- Work with the contracts team to close construction/BOP contracts, with high focus on exhibits and ancillary documentation, including ability to write scopes of work.
- Help the project team manage the closing process with the project owner.
- Prepare conceptual layouts (roads and collection system) and generate quantity take-offs to support preliminary estimating efforts.
- Lead project through the transition between development and construction to ensure a clean hand-off.
- Support the construction project management team as required during the beginning of the construction phase.
- Review drawings, specifications and other construction documents and communicate issues, accuracy of information, and potential risks.
- Assure potential risk factors have been evaluated and reviewed with senior management.
- Act as primary point of contact with project owners, third party engineers, and consultants during the pre-construction phase.
- Learn and understand the project owner's needs, goals, and requirements; and work with the project team to incorporate them into the design and technical specifications.
- Learn and understand the project development requirements and constraints, and work with the project team to incorporate them into the design.
- Promote and facilitate open communication and issue resolution between pre-construction team members.
- Lead the pre-construction team in making critical project decisions at the right time to maintain the project schedule.
- Coordinate, review, and submit design documents to the project owner and independent engineers.
- Manage the bidding and contracting of pre-construction related work including geotechnical investigation, topo mapping, underground utility location and preliminary substation engineering.
- Follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action, report potentially unsafe conditions and use materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly organized with a strong ability to multitask.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Can start with minimum information and quickly develop an understanding of the project using the available resources.
- Ability to manage and problem solve complex technical and commercial issues.
- Approaches problems by using a logical, systematic and sequential approach.
- Ability to utilize imaginative and innovative approaches to resolve problems and address potential risks.
- Proven positive and professional attitude.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite programs, including Microsoft Project.
- Skilled in use of Google Earth and/or GIS software.
- Minimum of 5 years in construction, engineering or other technical field is required.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or other construction/technical related field is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of wind project layout, engineering and/or construction is preferred.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other company offices, customer offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.Occasional travel to construction sites may require driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.