RES currently has a Shop and Manager position open at the Benbrook office in Benbrook, TX
The Shop and Yard Manager will manage the mechanic staff and organization of the yard. Utilize and improve an existing maintenance program.
Identify, deploy, and manage a high-performing team needed to accomplish business objectives.
Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- Hiring outstanding talent
- Aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives
- Managing and supporting employee development and growth
- Providing regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Schedules future equipment repairs based on knowledge of upcoming projects, current equipment status and position the fleet to maximize the utilization of assets
- Orders parts for equipment in conjunction with Master Mechanic.Utilizes a PO system, for parts related to in house repairs.
- Creates work orders in HCSS E360 equipment maintenance management system.
- Learns and utilizes HCSS E360 equipment maintenance management system that provides detailed repair and maintenance records and accurate tracking of equipment costs.
- Tracks and records equipment repairs - for +/-500 pieces of heavy equipment.
- Establish and support an inter-company billing system.
- Reports weekly equipment repair status.
- Assists with budget to enhance profitability, and contract compliance.
- Stay current regarding changing DOT regulatory requirements in multiple states including but not limited to CO, TX, OK.
- Represents the company to meet contractual requirements.
- Ensures Quality and Environmental procedures are maintained.
- Understands contract terms and recognizes discrepancies.
- Works professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors.
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
- Follows other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action. Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Experience running a shop that handles a wide variety of heavy equipment.
- Stays current with professional and industrial best practices.
- Ability to interface with team members and delivery of on time cost effective projects.
- Must have the knowledge and experience to keep the equipment fleet functioning in a profitable manner.
- Strong Excel skills to generate weekly status reports and other ad hoc reports as requested.
Intermediate level of knowledge in:
- MS Office and Outlook.
- Good knowledge of equipment tracking software and ability to implement this software.
- Working knowledge of HCSS E360 equipment management software highly desirable.
- 5-7 years of proven Shop/Service manager experience.
- 2-5 years of Management experience.
- Will consider and evaluate work experience combined with 2+ years of college with equivalent skills.
- Experience with DOT equipment highly desirable.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
Construction site environment includes early stage permitting, development and auditing through finished roads and features. Extensive travel with driving to remote sites along with office work in field conditions is also included.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.