RES currently has an Internal Communications Manager position open in the Broomfield, CO office
This position is primarily responsible for implementing, coordinating, and monitoring RES’ internal communications and sustainability efforts and fostering an environment for employee engagement in the Americas. These activities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with regional senior leadership team to design an internal comms strategy which helps with employee engagement and the change agenda regionally.
- Collaborate with global internal communications team to design an internal communications strategy aligned with the global strategy and contribute to the global strategy.
- Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization’s strategic vision and brand.
- Collaborate with marketing team to develop, implement, and manage internal communications strategy.
- Improve penetration of internal comms key messages to all staff, especially site based employees by designing new channels which are relevant and attractive to site based employees.
- Contribute to the creation of new systems such as Hive which help with cross regional and business collaboration and communication.
- Measure and present results of communication efforts in alignment with global measures.
- Set-up and manage internal editorial calendar within Americas.
- Solicit stories of project success, community engagement, safety, and other noteworthy events for internal newsletter and intranet.
- Write, edit, and distribute internal newsletter.
- Develop internal communication collateral pieces for employee engagement.
- Develop, organize, and manage monthly employee information sessions.
- Develop, maintain, and update the company’s intranet pages for the Americas.
- Support and/or lead the development of multi-media internal presentations including creating scripts and informal videos.
- Interface with internal stakeholders to ensure quality of collateral and timeliness of submission.
- Develop and implement innovative initiatives to keep employees engaged with the company.
- Set timing of release to coordinate with company events or initiatives.
- Participate in the Culture and Values team and solicit stories, updates, and etc.
- Travel may be required up to 25%
- Support internal events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ensure sustainability best practices are used within the business, as applicable.
- Organize and lead bi-weekly calls with site environmental leads to gather information and discuss sustainability efforts successes/challenges.
- Manage and coordinate data collection to report on sustainability KPIs.
- Gather information from regional offices and sites to report on sustainability efforts across RES.
- Organize and/or champion alternative commuting efforts across Americas’ offices and project sites
- Gather and disseminate information from the project sites on their local economic and social influence.
- Organize, manage, and track staff volunteer events.
- Review and analyze answers from the construction lessons learned survey to identify RES’ strengths and weaknesses in regards to our projects’ sustainability initiatives.
- Participate in the Global Sustainability Group, including monthly calls with regional representatives across RES Group to coordinate and discuss implementation of sustainability efforts.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Internal communications specialist.
- Knowledge of employee engagement.
- Confident in managing different stakeholders from senior leadership to site based workers.
- Experience in leading internal comms in business transformation and change management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and great organizational skills.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Works well under pressure.
- Works well independently and in a team.
- Bachelor Degree in communication or equivalent 4-7 years of experience.
- Minimum of two years of related communication/sustainability experience.
- Based in Broomfield, CO office.
- Skilled in MSOffice Suites and Outlook.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.