RES currently has a Paralegal position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Supports Legal staff and, under the direction of an attorney, resolves routine legal issues.
- Responsible for assisting attorneys on complex or high-profile legal activities. Independently prepares routine legal documents and reports under limited attorney supervision
- Researches law and analyzes sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties, constitutions and legal codes to prepare legal documents.
- Completes assignments that may be broad, requiring originality, ingenuity, and a high degree of technical skill.
- Prepares drafts of contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, insurance, employment, and related matters.
- May maintain file system for annual meetings and draft documents for such meetings, including notices, proxies, affidavits of mailing agenda, shareholders and directors’ minutes and related memoranda.
- Assists with law department activities.
- Follows safety and security procedures and determines appropriate action.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions and uses materials and equipment properly.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong skills in communication
- Strong ability to prioritize and complete multiple projects
- Intermediate knowledge of law
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline or equivalent 8 years of experience
- Paralegal certification
- 5 years of related experience
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.