RES currently has a Finance Manager, Asset Management position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
The Asset Management Finance Manager will support RES’s portfolio of wind, solar, and storage generation projects in the US and Canada. The Manager will create and update complex operational financial models, lead generation project implementations and transitions, responsible for P&L and cost reports, drive operational analysis, provide ad-hoc analysis, support compliance with covenants in finance documents, and help lead the generation business growth as needed. The Manager is expected to be the Generation/Asset Management Business Unit leaders go-to financial person and oversee the Operational Accounting Team.
- Develop business plans, meet with potential clients, drive new business, develop pricing models, and verify assumptions to grow asset management business.
- Develop and manage operational models to analyze project level and/or partnership level performance over project life cycle.
- Maintain key metrics for operational and asset management projects, including operational efficiency, distributions, spend, valuation, debt service coverage ratios, partnership flips, etc.
- Develop annual budgets for internal customers and external parties working with Operations, Asset Management, Tax, and Accounting.
- Participating or leading in periodic budget reviews to update budgets and identify areas for optimization and cost savings.
- Providing financial planning and analytics for Asset Management/Operations including building and maintaining cost models for OPEX and CAPEX, for special projects, plant improvements, contract amendments, and other business-related impacts.
- Manage models for the Hypothetical Liquidation Book Value of operating wind projects and FAS 144 impairment analysis of projects, as required.
- Review quarterly and annual external financial statements of generation projects to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the financial performance of projects and executing on those opportunities.
- Manage compliance within joint venture agreements, O&M agreements, asset management agreements, and other debt and equity financing documents, including management of borrowings, disbursements, consents, notices, and waivers to address emerging project matters.
- Collaborate with legal staff on project compliance.
- Manage compliance for all key documents, including landowners, property taxes, O&M agreements, local taxes, PPAs, hedge agreements, market participants, major vendors, etc.
- Manage and interpret off take agreements, shareholder and partnership agreements, equipment and service contracts, real estate documents, and other contracts to identify issues that may impact project level and corporate financings.
- Leading the Asset Management/Operations group in start-up activities of new projects including pre-COD mobilization, commercial contract administration, regulatory and ISO compliance, taking handoff of residual construction closeout after COD, and acquisitions of asset management contracts from third-parties.
- Collaborate with company engineers, developers, accounting, tax, etc. professionals as well as third party consultants when managing assigned transactions.
- Coordinate with in-house tax, legal, accounting, and third party service providers as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General familiarity in reading and interpreting commercial contracts and agreements.
- Ability to use discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and to meet deadlines and complete time-sensitive duties, as assigned.
- Strong proficiency in other Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Finance, accounting or engineering major preferred.4+ years of experience in power generation, energy/utilities sector, or project finance supporting debt or equity transactions strongly preferred.
- Excellent financial modeling skills with 1-2 years of experience using Excel to develop and manage complex financing models.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.