RES currently has an Electrical Engineer position open in the Broomfield, CO office.
Description: This position will be responsible for electrical engineering of utility scale wind, solar and energy storage projects. Position entails project specific electrical engineering to ensure adherence to scope, schedule quality, and budget. Key responsibilities include equipment selection, collection and grounding systems, substations, switchyards, transmission and interconnection.
- Provide power systems design to support the development and construction teams working on US and Canadian power plant projects
- Perform MV collection system design, including cable routing and cable sizing
- Perform power systems studies (load flow, short circuit, losses, voltage rise)
- Perform grounding system design and studies
- Manage electrical studies and calculations undertaken by RES (requires a high level of computer literacy)
- Liaise with RES interconnection experts to establish the interconnection requirements and ensure compliance
- Develop procurement and construction specifications (cable, transformers, power factor correction equipment, substations, transmission lines, etc)
- Prepare of scopes of work and manage electrical consultants
- Prepare conceptual designs and estimates to support the bidding efforts
- Liaise with clients, vendors and subcontractors to facilitate project execution
- Provide general electrical engineering support to the RES team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of power plant systems and components
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in the US or Canada is preferred
- Experience in performing studies utilizing system simulation software preferred (DigSilent and Cymcap)
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Organized and have excellent technical writing skills
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering required, Master’s degree in power systems preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in electrical design for utility scale power plants
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment. RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.