RES currently has a Manager/Director Business Development (C&I) position located in Broomfield, CO.
RES Distributed, a wholly owned subsidiary of RES Americas, is looking for a dynamic Business Development professional to drive sales in the rapidly growing market for distributed renewable generation for commercial and industrial customers across the United States, including on-site and grid-connected energy storage systems, storage and solar PV renewable energy integration, and local microgrid projects. RES Distributed is focused on developing, executing, and operating customer sited distributed renewable energy resources utilizing a combination of technologies including solar and energy storage.
This key position will be part of the RES Distributed Business Development Team and will be charged with sales within the Commercial and Industrial market. Focus will be on prospecting new customers, developing client pipeline, working through technical, contractual and financial issues, closing transactions, supporting project construction activities and achieving positive financial results for our customers and the business.
This individual would conduct business development activities in the United States working with a dynamic team of renewable energy professionals with the energy of a start-up, but with the support of the rest of RES’ capabilities in engineering, construction, transmission, and more. Products and services offered include integrated on site solar and energy storage, software dispatch and control products, engineering and analysis services, execution services, and operations & maintenance services.
We require a proven ability to manage the sales & business development process, to travel extensively (up to 50%), to manage multiple sales opportunities, and to communicate effectively.
- Develops distributed Solar PV and Storage applications for commercial and industrial customers in RES Distributed Target Markets;
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to achieve corporate goals and sets performance goals accordingly;
- Determines customer needs, prices, and gross margin opportunity;
- Coordinates sales by leveraging 3rd party sales channels;
- Represents company at trade association meetings;
- Delivers sales presentations to key customers and prospective clients;
- Meets with key clients, excels at developing and maintaining relationships;
- Maintains and documents sales activity reports using company CRM;
- Prepares periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
Passion – Contributes to team and leads by example; Manages difficult or emotional situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
Accountability - Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Ability to manage numerous relationships simultaneously; deliver quality products without continual oversight.
Collaboration - Remains open to others' ideas; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively
Excellence - Works with integrity and ethically; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position;
- Must demonstrate advanced knowledge of how customer sited energy storage and solar generation projects can benefit commercial & industrial clients.
- Existing relationships with commercial and industrial clients.
- Ability to efficiently identify and target prospective customers, knowledge and or experience with various software targeting tools a plus.
- Knowledge of various financial structures, PPA (power purchase agreements), ESPC (energy saving performance contracts), ESA (energy service agreements), and Equipment Leases.
- Demonstrated successful delivery of Distributed Solar PV and energy storage projects;
- Knowledge of the full-cycle of development and marketing process;
- Knowledge of interconnection, permitting, real estate, state/federal regulation, utility incentive programs, politics, law and other issues that impact development of renewable energy projects;
- Transactional / Finance / Negotiation experience a plus;
- Good knowledge of the Distributed Solar PV and energy storage industry participants (potential partners & competitors) and stakeholders;
- Experience: Bachelor’s degree; 5-7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; MBA preferred but not required.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Presentation Ability. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication. Ability to present in public settings and provide informative materials and respond to questions.
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.