RES currently has a Portfolio Contracts Compliance Manager/ Paralegal position open in the Broomfield, CO office
Summary for Portfolio Contracts Compliance Manager:
Position will work with legal, finance and operations teams to ensure the proper administration and compliance with contract provisions. Responsibilities include ensuring all contract provisions are adhered to; identifying compliance issues and facilitating problem resolution.
- Provides legal analysis and interpretation of contractual provisions in order to assist pertinent business teams understand and comply with contractual obligations
- Identifies, develops and documents issues and recommendations for improvement
- Facilitates problem resolution and escalates issues to General Counsel/Senior Counsel as needed
- Acts as a point-of-contact for compliance related questions from in-house business teams
- Assists in the establishment and enforcement of site policies and procedures
- Oversees automated compliance system for monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reviews by compliance team members
- Facilitate quarterly compliance meetings
Summary for Paralegal: Position will support Legal staff
- Title and survey review and analysis and objection/curative steps; familiarity with real estate contracts such as commercial leases, commercial purchase and sale agreements, easements and contract revisions
- Drafting third-party contracts for services and amendments
- Negotiate and draft contracts for internal business units, redlining and comparison of versions.
- Attend conference calls and meetings to discuss project status with team
- Legal research as directed (Lexis/Nexis)
- Monitor tickler system for action items under legal documents (leases, permits)
- Strong business judgment, decision making, and analytical skills
- Ability to analyze, understand and communicate the implications of significant and/or unique contractual requirements and provisions
- Ability to interact and communicate with and influence all levels of management and staff coupled with the effective teaming skills and ability to perform in a complex cross-functional environment
- Professional, energetic and experienced, level headed; exhibiting a high degree of initiative, creativity and credibility
- Excellent writing, communications, organizational and decision making skills
- Self-starter and self-managed
- Ability to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Bachelor degree with at least 5+ years’ experience in transactional law as a paralegal.
- Five plus years’ experience in compliance management
- Paralegal Certification preferred
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.