RES currently has an Origination Intern position located in Broomfield, CO.
Member of the Origination team to contribute to RES Americas sales/deal structuring efforts.
RES Americas is a leading developer and constructor of renewable energy systems. The ideal candidate will be part of a dynamic sales team opening new channels beyond traditional utility purchasers of power, and developing new methods to reach traditional customers. Creativity, energy, financial acumen, and the desire to learn the way modern power markets operate are essential attributes of the candidate.
RES Americas is seeking an Origination Intern in the Broomfield, CO office for summer 2017. This is a paid position.
- Undertake independent research project
- Assess and identify opportunities for renewable energy & storage projects
- Regularly analyze trade publications and other data sets to identify green power opportunities
- Run financial analysis of renewable energy and storage projects to identify profitable deals with value to prospective clients
- Support Origination team members working with utilities and industrial/commercial clients to understand their green power objectives and craft deals to meet these objectives
- Work across company and offices in collaborative spirit
- Participate in weekly team meetings/calls
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Senior or Graduate Level in Sustainability, Business, Economics, or related field
- Energy sector interest particularly in Renewable Energy
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Ability to learn and work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work professionally and confidentially with clients, vendors, employees, managers and supervisors
- Meet required objectives and deadlines
- Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job
Working towards a B.A/B.S. or graduate degree in Sustainability, Business, Economics, or related field
Physical requirements and environment:
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are representative of those the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Performs primarily sedentary office duties with occasional travel to other Company offices or construction sites. Incumbent may occasionally lift up to 10 pounds and may be required to sit, stand, walk and use a computer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug test as a condition of employment.
RES Americas is proud to be an EEO employer.